What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished this video from last Sunday:
Estes Partizon Rocket on a High Power Motor to 2300 feet. It's the last official Southern Arizona Rocketry Association launch of the year. I have only one mission: Fly the Estes Partizon with two cameras on an Aerotech H182R DMS motor drilled to a ten second parachute ejection delay. Expected altitude 2300 feet. 36 inch nylon parachute deployed at apogee. Light winds and temperatures in the 60's make for a perfect day. With two cameras, you get to see a lot of the scenery West of the Tucson Mountains.

https://youtu.be/HVQYt8nWLq8

#ModelRocket #Estes #Partizon #Aerotech #HighPower #H182R-14

Not too many, I actually did pretty good this time (although I now have Too Many Launch Lugs). My parts are quasi-organized into a few different boxes; I can usually find what I need pretty quickly. What I would like are some compartmented containers (like I use for motors) to organize my centering rings, but it would actually take up a lot more space that way so I dunno. Body tube storage is also a perpetual problem....

Body tube storage is also a perpetual problem....

With me as well. I have a box on a shelf, but body tubes are piling up on top. One of these days I'm going to make a "leftovers" rocket and clean up my parts pile. Five launch lugs? No problem, they're just "conduits". Five different body tube sizes and transitions out the wazoo? Yup.

0E92CF70-31BF-410A-83AF-8B6A58C63789.jpeg
Getting set for HARA launch and doing motor inventory. Just went to Lowe’s, harbor freight, and Home Depot. Finding a Tin of Flux took all morning. Got a bunch of heat shrink, wire strippers, silly putty couldn’t find poster tack. Gotta install PCB switches today. Gotta drill vent ports. Gotta drill altimeter ports. Gotta mount electronics to bay. Gotta test avionics bay. Gotta hook up quick links to chutes.

Got 5 x H130W. 1 x J250W DMS, 1 x L1000W. Not shown crap ton of Estes motors and two CTI G145. And I have a mountain of trash that needs to go outside to bin thanks to ordering crap for rockets.

Body tube storage is also a perpetual problem....
I have a box on a shelf, but body tubes are piling up on top.
Embrace the art of nesting.:D
Portable dowel stand, either vertically on the floor or canted 45 deg. and hanging on the wall.
From the guy who is running out of space.:rolleyes:

Received my BuyRocketMotors order yesterday. Dry fit the parts for the Loc Park Flyer Hawk. Overall good quality parts. Laser cut ply fins, tube slots, even the chute protector is laser cut! Nylon chute included.
However, two things I'm not crazy about. No Kevlar, instructions say to epoxy the elastic shock cord to the motor mount. So I'm adding a Kevlar leader. Also aft centering ring is flush to the motor tube which is flush to the body tube. So no motor retention possible other than friction fit. Moving the motor tube back 7/8" to accommodate a screw on retainer. May have to compensate with some nose weight. We'll see after sims.
1218190620.jpg

So no motor retention possible other than friction fit. Moving the motor tube back 7/8" to accommodate a screw on retainer. May have to compensate with some nose weight. We'll see after sims.

I agree, a screw on motor retainer would be a good improvement. The other option could be a 1/4" offset motor retention clip (like from railbuttons.com) (if there is room on the aft centering ring). They're not as convenient as a screw on retainer, but quite a bit cheaper.

AE1E0E86-FC42-4CAA-B905-1B7C0274B011.jpeg
Received my Loc 38mm IQSY Tomahawk kit and a 3” Terrier booster plus apogee rockets 13mm mini copter.

Yeah I wanna see the blade part maybe not the whole thing if your not up to it.

That's the beauty of the NRC, you could declare a launch online as long as you can find another NAR member
Nyt, more info please on NRC. I tried looking it up but I got
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
National Research Corporation
National Register of Citizens
Norwegian Refugee Council
:confused:

Me also, too bad it is limited to small sized tubes
Up to a point, you can make yourself adapters for larger ones. Make motor mounts for 13 or 18 mm into your rocket's MMT, just as if you were flying a smaller engine than it's meant for, stick it in and mount the rocket on the jig. Sure the body tube can be only so big before jig's gross size is no longer sufficient. Still, there are plenty of rockets with 29 or 38 mm MMTs for which it would still be useful.

I love my Estes fin jig. I certainly can see the desire to upscale it.

Back