What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glued an anchor rod in the 7.5" Tweety bird nosecone. I need to add about two pounds to the top of this rocket, so I can fly the 54/4000 Loki M1378 Loki Red in this cluster rocket.

Brass rod trapped on a 2 ft. piece of 3/8" allthread:
anchor%20rod.jpg

Tweety birds NC is over 3 ft. long, stuck in a 5 gallon bucket of ice water:
NC%20in%20bucket.jpg

4" hole in aft end with an extra length of allthread attached:
aft%20opening.jpg

I added about a cup of West systems epoxy into it after shoving the rod down.

This rocket's next flight will be at LDRS-38 in Argonia, Kansas. Two J430's, two J250 skidmarks three seconds later, and an M1378 Loki to get it going off the pad.

First flight was at last years LDRS in California:
Tweety%20bird%20off%20the%20rail.jpeg

Ordered some tubes from a member here to begin repair work on my cratered Nike Apache booster! Then talked to Madcow and found out they don't make the interstage coupler transition anymore......sigh.......I see fabrication in my future.20190608_140136.jpg 20190610_145559.jpg

Had my first go at making fin fillets using epoxy putty. Very happy with how they turned out. Used these tools:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758CW7ZG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dipped the ball end in solvent and smoothed out the fillet. Easier than a finger. Got the fillets done on an Estes CC Express and a Launch Pad ASRAAM. Should be ready for primer tomorrow.

That looks like a great way to get perfect fillets with those plated balls. Thanks for your link to them. What solvent did you use?

ShotokuTech Rocketry Update June 2019. Two rocketry projects in the works at ShotokuTech. Work is well under way now on Project X and the anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing is just a few weeks away.
#ModelRocketry #3DPrinting

https://bit.ly/strocketry201906

My post of what I did today isn't going to be anywhere near as impressive as all the esteemed posts that preceded mine. I'm amazed at what you guys build and do with rockets.

I placed the third strake fin on the 2.6" body tube Sentinel upscale this morning. Here's a photo of the second strake being installed about 10pm last night with the rocket in the fin jig.

The jig works great.

I've never seen fins so perfectly aligned.The photo sure doesn't reproduce that very well, LOL

fins and strakes.jpg

Rebuilt a sled for my 2" fiberglass Frenzy XL. First one couldn't fit a 9v battery. Lesson learned: use smaller batteries. Also lesson learned: 2" rockets are a pain to build if you're trying dual deploy for the first time.

My post of what I did today isn't going to be anywhere near as impressive as all the esteemed posts that preceded mine. I'm amazed at what you guys build and do with rockets.

I placed the third strake fin on the 2.6" body tube Sentinel upscale this morning. Here's a photo of the second strake being installed about 10pm last night with the rocket in the fin jig.

The jig works great.

I've never seen fins so perfectly aligned.The photo sure doesn't reproduce that very well, LOL

View attachment 386986

I SPOT DUNE!!!!

Event Horizon said:

The jig works great.

View attachment 386986
I SPOT DUNE!!!!

Ah, Yes you do spot DUNE in the photo Liv3mind.

I have all but the last couple of Dune books also.

I've been a Dune fan since the middle 70s.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." - Paul Atreides

"Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work." - Gurney Halleck

Back