What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally started my Loc Nuke Pro Max build.
Got the fins sanded. IMG_6362.jpg
We are selling the house so most of the past couple months have been spent doing chores and now I have to keep all of my rocket stuff hidden in the closet.
I put a table up in the garage so I can build again while we are showing the house.

Getting ready for the next launch:
Rockets with cameras. Inovating, perfecting, making something new. We have the tools here at Shotokutech. Watch and share in the vision. thank you.
#ModelRocketry #3DPrinting #Videography #Photography

https://bit.ly/shotokutechupdate

Checking out a new camera.
I keep looking for cameras for rocketry applications. This Hidden Mini WiFi Spy Camera is more of a security camera application. I put it through its paces in this video. Stay tuned to Shotokutech to see where this winds up.
#SecurityCamera #WiFi

https://bit.ly/hiddenminispycam

1. Built the motor mount and prepared a bunch of parts for an upcoming build.
  2. Attached an elastic shock cord to Alcubierre.
  3. Applied some more Future to the top half of Deuce of July, hoping in vain to seal down the points of the white vinyl stars.

Launched a few.
0428190637.jpg 0428190653.jpg 0428190658.jpg 0428190705.jpg 0428190719.jpg 0428190725.jpg
Estes Prowler, Quest Magnum Payloader, Sunward Eruption, Estes MIRV, Dynastar Firefox, Estes Challenge Series Phoenix clone, and
0428190712.jpg
Estes Silver Comet clone.
We launched early morning. Conditions were absolutely calm winds and zero rain. Forecast was for thunderstorms later in the day.
Still can't get the smile off my face. Cheers.:D

Last edited:
Finished the vinyl on my dream rocket today, and had to get a few outdoor pictures with it! My wife was a good sport and posed with it as well. The Estes Black Brant II was my first rocket, and it is still my favorite design to model. This is a Polecat 5.5" diameter version, designed to fly on K-M motors. I will get a final weight after installing the recovery gear and doing ground testing. The roll pattern was done with Rustoleum paint, with "words and birds" vinyl by Stickershock23. First flight late May at Fire In The Sky, Mansfield WA, hopefully on an L850W or L1,000W.
20190429_121937.jpg 20190429_122011.jpg 20190429_122050.jpg

Finished the vinyl on my dream rocket today, and had to get a few outdoor pictures with it! My wife was a good sport and posed with it as well. The Estes Black Brant II was my first rocket, and it is still my favorite design to model. This is a Polecat 5.5" diameter version, designed to fly on K-M motors. I will get a final weight after installing the recovery gear and doing ground testing. The roll pattern was done with Rustoleum paint, with "words and birds" vinyl by Stickershock23. First flight late May at Fire In The Sky, Mansfield WA, hopefully on an L850W or L1,000W.
View attachment 381324 View attachment 381325 View attachment 381326
fantastic build ! GL on ur first test, hopefully no cato!

Sent a harness back to Teddy to rework....I needed a swivel added to the Y-harness, note to self ALWAYS order a swivel with a Y-harness if its attached to a fin can...doh!

Pulled this out of the reels of rocket video in the can.
Flight of the rocket named Spycam from the early days. Amazing! You need to watch this. Subscribe, share, like.
#modelrocket #spycamera
https://bit.ly/e9trial

Put together a model of the Madcow Phoenix to run through flow toolbox and see if I can get away with less mass in the nose

upload_2019-4-30_23-22-28.png

Pre-launch/Monthly TriCities Rocketeers club meeting. Planning for SodBlaster II is underway (actually we've been working on it for a couple of months now), and this weekends weather is looking AWESOME....for now.

I completed this:
58707907_1999275920199288_7453649265257086976_n.jpg
59295408_1999276140199266_8866593140845314048_n.jpg
58766156_1999276406865906_4991385080426397696_n.jpg

I will document the build [of the Prusa i3 Mk3s] a little better going forward, and post relevant details to the 3D printing forum.

So, I didn't do that. I stalled when one of the printed parts for the x-axis/e-axis had a malformed recess for the M3 hex nut. A hole in the bottom of a channel in a part made of black plastic -- I didn't catch in while inspecting the part. The facets on the nut did not engage with the facets in the hole, so that when I used the recommended seating method -- using tightening a screw to pull the nut down into the recess -- I got the screw and nut stuck in the part.

20190430_131505_1.png 20190430_133402.png

Ended up cutting the head off the screw to clear the hole, then using toughened CA to fix the nut in place. Seems to have worked well enough. The extruder is assembled and in place.

20190502_115922.png

Lot of fabrication robots in my house now. Two CNC routers in the basement, and this thing growing in my office -- plus boxes and boxes of electronics and electromechanical parts scattered around. I keep thinking about Alex Harris' shop-robot in Demon Seed.

Finished this video from yesterday's launch.
These rockets are flying great! And they have mini 1080p cameras. Check out sunny Tucson and enjoy this rocketry adventure from Southern Arizona Rocketry Association "First Wednesday of the Month" launch.
#ModelRocket #Mini1080pCamera

https://bit.ly/1080pminifleetrocket

Straightened up my wall o' rockets. Started the process of putting clear PVC tubing over each of the supports to provide a softer surface for the rockets to rest on.
fleet-5-2019.JPG

Gonna need to come up with something better pretty soon, running out of space there...

Straightened up my wall o' rockets. Started the process of putting clear PVC tubing over each of the supports to provide a softer surface for the rockets to rest on.
View attachment 381718

Gonna need to come up with something better pretty soon, running out of space there...

You will, of course, be painting the shadow of each rocket at the space that it occupies (so that you will know which one is missing when they aren't all there).

I'd suggest exporting the OpenRocket profiles as SVGs then using a vinyl cutter to make stencils, but I imagine you have something better than that in mind.

Back