What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! Thanks for the info.

You are very welcome. I thought about it over the weekend and I could actually put the connectors horizontal in a 38mm bay. If someone really needed that capability, it is doable. The bay length would have to increase of course to make room for the wire terminations on each connector and the connectors themselves. You would also have to add some room on the opposite end of the sled to slide it in and out of the fixed bay connector.

Not much, unfortunately except check the forums. I do have a box arriving tomorrow though from AC Supply with some Estes odd-rocs like the Blenders and a Quinstar.

Finished up the external fillets on the Formula 75. Yesterday I did the internals by injecting West systems mixed with carbon fiber clippings. Today I started by mixing up a bit of JB weld and securing the rear centering ring and Aeropac retainer. Even JB weld cures in a couple of hours with a bit of help from the AZ sunshine. All the externals were done with Rocketpoxy, curing in about an hour with the temps just over 100 degrees.

Did some “pre-work” on 48 Alpha kits in preparation for two mid-school build sessions at the Museum of Flight on Saturday. I basically did all the knife work and marking of tubes as well as providing a pre-cut shock cord mount and a Qualman Rocketry fin alignment tool for each kit. That way we can comfortably build them in one 90 minute session.

Spent some time trying different motors in the hand-wave OR sim of my 1/100 Shuttle, looking closely at altitudes and times.
Chatted with Egg Cris about details of Quantum behavior.

And fibbed on the -instead- of rocketry thread - since I did both. But the rocketry part was only virtual :)

Placed a splurge order with Estes yesterday when I saw a few kits that looked like fun...

And today, I got started on the build of what is my first all fiberglass rocket, as well as my first true high performance rocket, a Madcow 2.2" Frenzy.

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8058.jpg

081135F6-68CF-4837-9875-3BDE1CBC2920.jpeg Assembled an RMS38/240 casing with H130W. Since I don’t plan on flying the motor immediately the BP and igniter are rubber banded to it. I also trimmed the delay to 10s for the RB-05A.

View attachment 361993 Assembled an RMS38/240 casing with H130W. Since I don’t plan on flying the motor immediately the BP and igniter are rubber banded to it. I also trimmed the delay to 10s for the RB-05A.

While I realize that you aren't as old and forgetful as some of us, I would suggest that you mark the casing with what motor/delay is inside and maybe the date built.
I usually do this with a piece of painters tape so I can easily remove it before use. Also storing it in a zip type bag will shield it from humidity.

Lipo's showed up today. I'm sure one of these will fit the 29mm nosecone of my Go-Devil.

Attachments

• 0919181416.jpg
    0919181416.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 103
Yeah. 29mm MD is fun enough for a GPS. Once you go 24mm headaches start.

Oh yes, 29mm is real easy. But I see no problems or headaches with 24mm either. I just put an Eggfinder mini and a Quark in a 24mm tube. Lots of room to play with.

Attachments

• 0919181458.jpg
    0919181458.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 76
ConfigFinCan.JPG

Last couple of days working on a new configurable fin can generator. Using OpenSCAD Customizer. It's going to have a zillion adjustable dimensions, but that's what it'll take to do just about anything. It'll be on Thingiverse in a few days.

Assembled a Newway Nike-X4 last night:

IMG_20180921_072613.jpg

This one was unusual, even for Newway, in that the square tube had a slight twist to it by design. So the centering rings for the motor mount had to conform to the twist. Had to reread the instructions several times. Don't know why they put in this feature, it's not visually obvious. The fins aren't canted so it's not a spinner. Anyhoo, fill, prime and paint today, decals tomorrow, launch on Sunday. Well, that's the plan.

Latest posts

Back