What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got paint work in on the PSII Patriot and began construction of my BT-60 upscale Ninja.

Wasn't "today", but finally got the white on my Madcow 2.6" Black Brant II. Now the tedious task of masking off for the black. Shouldn't be too bad. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1459400232.234278.jpg
Finished adding a pound of steel shot and epoxy to the nose cone of the Madcow 4" PAC-3 and dry fitted the entire thing together. Current weight is 112oz. My L2 attempt will hopefully be on 4/9 in Three Oaks, MI. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1459400475.575869.jpg

Worked on the attachment of swivel to my KSR 24" light semi-hemi parachute for my Madcow 29mm Lil Goblin.

Epoxied the forged eyebolt to the nose cone bulk plate and epoxied said assembly into the Lil Goblin's nose cone. I had ended up adding 1.5 ounces of ballast to the nosecone to get the CG as specified in the instructions.

Have a G76-7 ready to go for the initial flight. Should hit about 1400 feet. Quickly.

Meanwhile work continues on the 38mm version of the Madcow Lil Goblin that I have named "Plan B".

The 5.5" 54mm Polecat Aerospace Goblin has been waiting for it's initial flight for over a year due to drought conditions here in Cali. I366R and J316 Pink are in the motor box.

Did a final weigh in on my L1 project. She came in a little heavy at 4 lbs 3 oz. Should still have some nice 2-3k altitude flights on 38/360 I motors.

586dc97be4ada7c05bbf2dbb2b18f109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a final weigh in on my L1 project. She came in a little heavy at 4 lbs 3 oz. Should still have some nice 2-3k altitude flights on 38/360 I motors.

586dc97be4ada7c05bbf2dbb2b18f109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's beautiful!!!!:clap::clap:
I love that paint scheme!

I'm also digging the map in the background.

Best of luck on the L1 !!!!

Finally moving to the last layer of lamination on my King Viper III fins. Also can see some work on the coupler for my 10.25" Cherokee-N immediately behind and to the left.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1459458961.267885.jpg

Finished my 6" Rocketry Warehouse Black Brant - Just need to install the recovery system.
View attachment 286815View attachment 286816

That is a sweet BB!!!

I'm diggin' the Cat pillows in the background too, but those spiral CF lightbulbs in the ceiling fan are askin' for trouble when you are moving that rocket about in that room.
I just got rid of my last coily bulb, in favor of the ones that have the extra bulb like layer protecting the spiral hazardous death coil.:)

That is a sweet BB!!!

I'm diggin' the Cat pillows in the background too, but those spiral CF lightbulbs in the ceiling fan are askin' for trouble when you are moving that rocket about in that room.
I just got rid of my last coily bulb, in favor of the ones that have the extra bulb like layer protecting the spiral hazardous death coil.:)

+1000 to all of this. Just thinking about that nose cone waving around those spiral bulbs is giving me the sweats! :)

I went out and got some different kinds of modelling clay and some assorted little bits and pieces of things that can possibly be used in my SA-5 build.
Also got some primer, masking tape and new printer cartridge so I can make more paper parts.

Sadly, on my way from Walmart to the hardware stores, my rear brakes started making the "Replace me" sound, so I did'nt get to hit up the agro bins or make it to the post office to mail some items that I'm giving away. My backing plates rusted out, so I need new brake pads on the rear about every 8 months. It's too expensive for me to get new backing plates installed.:(
Luckily they can get me in to my garage tomorrow at 10am, but then there goes my rocket budget for the month.:(

Back