New threads and interesting conversations directly in your inbox. Sign up now and get a daily summary of the latest forum activities!
Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by BeerorKid, Jan 31, 2013.
Began work on my LOC Aura
Lots of research on miscellaneous missiles and then made these:
Started designing my S200 Angara/SA-5 Gammon in OR.
Openrocket will only be good for nearly nothing for this build, but it is at least good for approximating my dimensions before I start cutting tubes.
This one will fly on a healthy dose of Mindsim and common sense.
View attachment SA-5 Gammon.ork
And already some progress!!!
View attachment SA-5 Gammon Rev2.ork
An SA-5 WILL BE MINE!!!!
Put a new sticker on one of my range boxes.
I like it! Does the range box have 45 degree flip up latches?
Thank you ! Should start this week
Fillets.. lots of fillets.
Got some more work done on my L3 project. http://www.rocketryforum.com/showth...t-Cherokee-D-L3-build-thread-for-rharshberger
I see what you did there!
A folding carry handle, high capacity motor magazine, and a shoulder thing that goes up.
Tomorrow I might do some shaping and then add a mudcoat of Aeropoxy Light.
Did a club launch on the only HPR site we have that isn't a frozen lake.
Rocket is a modified EZI-65 on a I-600R
The horror! :wink:
Beautiful view! KenECoyote also approves of the ACME rocket! :wink:
Cut 2 rail button backers out of 1/2 Baltic birch plywood and used shop press to push in 10/24 t-nuts
The shop press bushed them like going into butter
I flew an upside-down rocket prototype of my own design...I call it "What-side Down?". :grin:
Fantastic first flight! Didn't go too high since I only used 1/2A3-2T, but more testing to come and hopefully eventually an upscale. Still have to add on a "nose-cone" tail cone to really finish it off.
It's also modular construction, so I should be able to flip it around and launch it the other way. :cyclops:
Ordered my first Onebadhawk harnesses, a standard 25' two loop and a custom 30' three loop (technically 4) with a built in 24" Y to hook to the zipperless fin can. Teddy has been awesome to deal with, since we have had a running dialog over the last two days via email to get the custom one figured out for loop placements and lengths. Usually I make my own harnesses but for something as important as my L3 project the harness is the one part I really can't do myself and be comfortable with, and Teddy's reputation for quality products is outstanding.
@KenECoyote love the siggy line "The most dangerous thing in this Forum isn't any rocket or motor...it is the "Reply" button. You have been warned.
Believe it or not, I'm providing my opinion to try to help...annoying others is just a side benefit!"
Great minds think alike!
Spent the day trading emails with Teddy sorting things out and ordered my first set of onebadhawk harnesses and quick links! Teddy - thanks for all the great advice and quick responses! You Rock!!
Looks like I wasn't the only one having a running email dialog with Teddy.
Sanded fillets and stirred the two cans of Aerpoxy Light to prevent separation of the filler...found none as that stuff is as thick aspeanut butter or putty. Are fresh cans 0f that stuff supposed to be that thick?
Just caught your post; small world. Teddy is great to work with!!
Thanks Rich! :grin:
Ordered another 15 rockets. Reminded my rocketeers that we need to get the team put together for Reach for The Stars, reminded myself last night, why I shouldn't use Elmer's extra strength formula for gluing in motor mounts.:y:
Went into local ace hardware and heard about my oldest son talking smack about his Ultimate Wildman , So I explained to guys at ace that my full scale Arcas with same motor can't be touched
My goal this year is 2 miles we have a 15K waiver to tickle my level 3 project is called "2 mile high club"
I have another box as backup if needed "massive frenzy"
Still working on my Madco F/G 'Lil Goblin. Sanded the fillets some more, primed the air frame and nose cone, applied the glazing putty as my fillets didn't turn out as smooth as they normally due,and plan to sand the putty down later this evening.
Would be nice if I could get this bad little boy done in time for Saturday's launch at Snow Ranch.
Also studied the L2 exam questions. Hopefully I'll get my L2 cert flight in this Saturday as well.
CLEANED. Cleaned motor casings, rockets, and did about 10 loads of laundry. Cleaned out the back of the truck and started packing for an overnight camping trip. Racked and stacked all the rockets we flew Friday and Saturday. Between Sharon and I, around ten LPR/MPR on Friday, then four each HPR on Saturday. What a great day of flying!
We did a small test piece to see how the sandwich material will turn out. We also cut the core material into fin sized blanks.
Good luck on the L2 flight.
I started building my Estes Indicator. Build thread coming.
Hi-Flier, two Der Red Max, and another V2 arrived today. Despite the expectant joy, it was no joy. I refer you to the Hobbylinc thread.
Separate names with a comma.