What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great looking stand! What did that cost?

It looks like the bottom 12" of your rail is stuck behind the black guide things. You might want to see if you can get some aluminium box section to push the rail out a little bit.

The closest I've seen before is the Triton work stand
View attachment 116135
These run about about $60 on ebay.

The Rockwell is $60 as well. Reviews on amazon mention the triton being similar.

Plan on doing a mix of what chadrog and JFlagg did on this thread to get the rail out and away from the plastic jaws. And will need to make a blast shield like thobin did here.

No probs :) I'm sure you're going to have a ball with those !! Let me know what you think of the stands when you use 'em :)

Krusty

I was planning on picking a couple of those up, but you beat me to it.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hey....
Did you code the HTML table in your post?

Anyway...
https://www.brshobbies.com/

After conferring with compatriots and advisers I decided that my homespun ematches just didn't cut the cheese. The Q2G2 was recommended and when I found them for ~$1 each I bought 11 packs to replace the ematches for deployment charges.
Gonna' test, test, test....

I just copied and pasted it from an email.
You must have bought all they had, cause they show them out of stock now.
Hobbylinc sells the 6packs for $5.39:
https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/qus/qus7024.htm
I'm making some charges now, then like you, it's test, test, test..... I have three new dual deploy rockets and one Stratologger, that should keep me busy until next weekends launch.

You must have bought all they had, cause they show them out of stock now.
HA! you must have done the same thing I did, soon as I read his post I jumped over there to buy myself some. All they had were the long ones (which I could use) but didn't buy. I ended up heading over to Semroc and ordering a Starship Vega instead. Another warm and fuzzy from when I was a kid.

HA! you must have done the same thing I did, soon as I read his post I jumped over there to buy myself some. All they had were the long ones (which I could use) but didn't buy. I ended up heading over to Semroc and ordering a Starship Vega instead. Another warm and fuzzy from when I was a kid.

Hobbylinc has them in stock for a little less, I buy from them all the time. Check out the link in my last post.

I spent all yesterday evening turning a tailcone out of aluminum for Disappearing Act.

Ordered more vinyl from Mark for the kid's Mega Der Red Maxes --blue for his, pink for hers. Also received recovery system for my son's upscaled Estes Hornet, which we plan on flying at Red Glare. He did real well with it: came in at 2,930 grams with recovery system and electronics installed. She's 57" long (half an inch taller than him!), 4.0" diameter, dual-deploy, 54mm chambered.

Later!

--Coop

Lessee....

I bought a 4' length of 38mm poplar dowel at Lowe's from which I will make a rocket painting stick and a couple of display stands. For the non-metrically inclined, the dowel I bought was 1-1/2" in diameter.

I assembled three motors for tomorrow's launch: 38mm H148R, 38mm H178DM, and a 29mm H180W. I also loaded up the truck and will be heading out in the morning to witness the inaugural flight of QQuake's Milestone among other things. And I remembered to pack the binocs although with a number of TRF'ers there observing the launch, losing sight of it is not really a worry.

Lessee....

I bought a 4' length of 38mm poplar dowel at Lowe's from which I will make a rocket painting stick and a couple of display stands. For the non-metrically inclined, the dowel I bought was 1-1/2" in diameter.

I assembled three motors for tomorrow's launch: 38mm H148R, 38mm H178DM, and a 29mm H180W. I also loaded up the truck and will be heading out in the morning to witness the inaugural flight of QQuake's Milestone among other things. And I remembered to pack the binocs although with a number of TRF'ers there observing the launch, losing sight of it is not really a worry.

You make me smile. You are a painting machine.

I WANT A PAINTING STICK SO BAD NOW

Today's rocketry agenda: photos, ground testing, and stand-making.

Later!

--Coop

I'm going to attend four (maybe five) basketball games my daughter is playing, and think about what I'd like to do with rockets today.

I'm going to attend four (maybe five) basketball games my daughter is playing, and think about what I'd like to do with rockets today.

I also am doing the basketball thing ( however only 1 game). I then hope to post pics of what I accomplish rocketry based later today for Chadrog to view while he thinks about rocketry.

I also am doing the basketball thing ( however only 1 game). I then hope to post pics of what I accomplish rocketry based later today for Chadrog to view while he thinks about rocketry.

Thanks buddy, I now only have 3 3/4 games to go! At least I can get a decent signal in the schools.

Working on the 20 Mill project---planning another 50's rocket --might start the MK IV Interceptor

Last night, I built my first rocket kit in about 28 years! It's an Estes Alpha. Just need to seal the fins and paint. Yew!

Allan

Last night, I built my first rocket kit in about 28 years! It's an Estes Alpha. Just need to seal the fins and paint. Yew!

Allan

Welcome back! Start the next twelve yet?;) Don't be ashamed, it's happened to all of us.

Three games down, two to go.

Awesome! Congrats, Allan, and welcome!

Later!

--Coop

Reprinted the upper stage to my newest design, Bumper WAC Corporal, becuase of design flaw. Rocket will be ready for flight tests in a couple of hours.

Before doing that, I emailed a web design film company and asked questions about the release form they want me to sign, so they can use my rockets in a car web commercial.

Great reading, good idea for a thread.

Mike

went out and flew my Leviathan at the ROCC launch, CTI G57 classic. What a nice motor for this rocket! Instant ignition.
8439579974_ffa74510f9_z.jpg

Thanks to Beerorkid for getting my photo straight!

8439579974_ffa74510f9_z.jpg

Last edited:
Also was able to get some priming accomplished and the semi-gloss white shot onto the V2.
prime day.jpg

So sorry...

I DESPISE basketball-- about as interesting as watching paint dry or cars rust...

Later! OL JR :)

Allan
I bought my first Alpha just the other day! It really is 'the' classic rocket that everyone seems to have built at some time in their childhood. Figured I had to see what all the fuss was about. And welcome back to rocketry!! They're a good bunch on this forum :)

Updated Rocksim 9.
Ooh! ooh!! I just did that, too!! Never have figured out which is better - download updates or download full program.

Before doing that, I emailed a web design film company and asked questions about the release form they want me to sign, so they can use my rockets in a car web commercial.
Very cool!!

My task for the day is to get some wing-nuts and bolts. My nose cone mold is cured and before I crack it open, I need to get some holes drilled for the bolts to keep it all aligned :)

Krusty

Cleaned up some fillets, installed the motor retention and rear bulkhead into my Madcow Pirahna. Hope to prime and paint tomorrow

Back