What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Prepped for launch on Sunday. I added positive motor retention for the 7X Fat Boy (3 4-40 all thread between motor tubes, washers/nuts), tape is OK, but I want something better. I also prepped the motors. Our launch system can't handle clusters, and the relay box got lost, so I made sure the nozzles were clear of obstructions and doped them with igniter mix. I'll use a flash pan in hopes of finally getting all 7 to light off. I located all the parachutes and motors for the 4 rockets I plan to fly.

Jerry F.

Canada’s Only Border City
Reaction score
Had a beautiful day to launch rockets with the grandkids and friends…had one bad flight with an Estes Sasha on D12-D12…ended up losing my JLCR when the bottom of the nose cone blew out…
Had my scratch built 2xD12 rear ejections maiden flight land in a tree, but got it back with a little work…

spiker04

Reaction score
View attachment 519560 the gizmo is rebuilt and getting clear coated after it's lawn dart escapade. Thought people might be interested in the paint stand too. Old cat litter tub with hole cut in the lid, mine is full of brass from reloading hobby but gravel or just kitty litter should also work. Shaft from dollar store broom with a few holes drilled crossways to slide a bolt in for rocket support.
...creative !😉

prfesser

Reaction score
Not much to see just yet, it's mostly parts. And as the Wendy's commercial went, "Parts is parts."

It's an old BMS clone of the Cobra. Had to do a bit of sanding on the shoulder of the nose cone and the upper shoulder of the balsa adapter, both were pretty tight on the payload tube. It'll get a nice long Kevlar shock cord, glued into a hole in one fin as the instructions suggest. Those long fins would just be aching to break on landing if a standard shock cord mount was used.

AstronCobra01.jpg

ThePlmbr

Reaction score
I flew one rocket at the Bong State Park in WI today. It's a 10+ year old Binder Design Sentinel. It's 84" in length, 4" diameter and weighes 7.4 lbs loaded with an Aerotech I280DM DMS motors. It flew to 2267' and recovered easily with dual deploy.

Attachments

• IMG_20220522_183248162.jpg
    IMG_20220522_183248162.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0

Doug Holverson

Reaction score
I ordered Flite Test Mighty Mini Arrow and Versa Wing for RCRG conversion like postmodern Klingbergs. I renewed my NAR membership. I'm trying to register for NARAM but their site keeps telling me that my valid credit card number isn't.

Jerry F.

Canada’s Only Border City
Reaction score
Renewed my CAR/ACF membership,
Checked out my first attempt at using the Estes Universal Video...went well...
Estes Savage on a D12-0/C6-7 combo, but I have no idea how to post it here...it keeps telling me that the file is too big, or doesn't have the right configuration...sighhhhh...technology and age don't always coexist peacefully...

Reaction score
Prepped and packed for NSL, some rockets might not make the cut, depending on space in the car. Heading out early-ish morning to get to Myrtle Beach, small detour on the way to Dalzell. Also got paint on the Semper Fi, still needs some red stripes to complete the dress blues, paint and masking tape are packed. It should finally fly on Memorial Day in honor of my father-in-law who passed a few years back...
IMG_4071.jpg IMG_4073.jpg

GrouchoDuke

Reaction score
Aligned nosecones. Epoxied couplers. Sanded fillets. Built an avbay. Charged batteries. Tested/configured avionics. Tested launch tower fit. More GPS testing. Decided on chute protectors. Measured weight & CG. Played with tungsten. Added ballast. Designed (again) & made (again) nosecone ejection harness retainers. Stared at the weather forecast. Hunted for a reasonable travel trailer to rent (and failed).

146622BD-BE9F-45E7-A7E6-2EB37233393F.jpeg

EDIT: Epoxied a nosecone harness retainer. Waiting on epoxy to dry, so Zzzzzz…

B768BFD2-4ACA-45F2-B72B-DF44725F329E.jpeg

Last edited:

jqavins

Слава Україні
Reaction score
Renewed my CAR/ACF membership,
Checked out my first attempt at using the Estes Universal Video...went well...
Estes Savage on a D12-0/C6-7 combo, but I have no idea how to post it here...it keeps telling me that the file is too big, or doesn't have the right configuration...sighhhhh...technology and age don't always coexist peacefully...
Upload it to YouTube or the cloud storage service of your choice, then post a link to it here. If you opt for cloud storage, make sure the file is marked as public (read only).

Saw one of my rockets in a tree while I was digging trenches. :rolleyes:
I don't know whether to 🤣 or :(. Did you get it down? Will you get it down?

Back_at_it

Reaction score
It's been a while but I was finally able to get out and fly again. Took 16 rockets up to Bong yesterday and flew 18 flights. Had a lot of first flights including a Gemini DC that I build back when it was new and never flew as I completely forgot about it. I'll post that story up in the photos section. Over all it was a great day.

Here was yesterdays line up.

Attachments

• GROUP SHOT 1 05232022.jpg
    GROUP SHOT 1 05232022.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 0