What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

hobie1dog

Hi-Fi Addict
Reaction score
I read several issues of "Rockets" magazine that are posted on the web for back issues. I love looking at old rocketry magazines and reading about the launches and pictures so if anybody wants to get rid of their old magazines send them my way.
I took one of the extra level 2 study guides and went through with a black marker and marked out all of the incorrect answers so that only the correct one is shown, that seems to work with me and taking tests.

GrouchoDuke

Reaction score
Calling off our trip to HARA's December launch. The travel trailer repair/upgrade to do list trumped it, so I don't have time to get my new rocket ready. Next time!

Reaction score
Sanded tapers and bevels into the booster and sustainer fins of the USR Hi Test 2225.
Forgot how much I hated sanding.
Tack glued the sustainer fins into place.
Had to shim them because the circumference of the three motor tubes is a little less than the BT-70 fin jig.
Tomorrow: booster fins.
1202212032[1].jpg

DigBaddy

Reaction score
Guess it's painting day! Off from work and got primer on these early this morning, wet sanded them and got the color on. The Big Daddy paint is a base. More paint going on that later.

Attachments

Re-Bar Ricky

Reaction score
Finished up my Photon Probe and began work on my Super Neon. I did the engine mount, sanded/sealed fins, and marked all of the body tubes. I just put the first small tube on the main tube then I can start working my way around with the others.

NateB

Reaction score
I wrapped up my Black Saturday purchase with another order for a motor case for an L2 attempt and good deal on a Loki 54/950 case with casting and liner tubes. Now I just need another OT shift, haha.

Re-Bar Ricky

Reaction score
Launched some rockets with my local group. All low power flights - 2 successful, one lawn dart (which looked awesome cause it was an Honest John) due to packing everything in too tight, and one lost to the trees (My Estes Rock-It, which was it's first flight since I built it 13 years ago). I did find someone else's rocket so I may go back tomorrow and scout it out again.

hobie1dog

Hi-Fi Addict
Reaction score
I can't do much of anything without epoxy that naturally my son was supposed to drop off about 4 days ago and then we have the past 3 days of 70° weather and I can't do a darn thing. :mad:

prfesser

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Was going to order some 3/32" or 1/8" 5-ply for fins on several rockets. Discovered that (at least on ebay) 1/16" G10 could be had for less! Ordered two sheets 12x24", $30 with free shipping. These will be fins on a Super Big Bertha clone, a Super Vega clone, and a scratchbuilt 3" rocket.