I read several issues of "Rockets" magazine that are posted on the web for back issues. I love looking at old rocketry magazines and reading about the launches and pictures so if anybody wants to get rid of their old magazines send them my way.
I took one of the extra level 2 study guides and went through with a black marker and marked out all of the incorrect answers so that only the correct one is shown, that seems to work with me and taking tests.
Sanded tapers and bevels into the booster and sustainer fins of the USR Hi Test 2225.
Forgot how much I hated sanding.
Tack glued the sustainer fins into place.
Had to shim them because the circumference of the three motor tubes is a little less than the BT-70 fin jig.
Tomorrow: booster fins.
Finished up my Photon Probe and began work on my Super Neon. I did the engine mount, sanded/sealed fins, and marked all of the body tubes. I just put the first small tube on the main tube then I can start working my way around with the others.
Launched some rockets with my local group. All low power flights - 2 successful, one lawn dart (which looked awesome cause it was an Honest John) due to packing everything in too tight, and one lost to the trees (My Estes Rock-It, which was it's first flight since I built it 13 years ago). I did find someone else's rocket so I may go back tomorrow and scout it out again.
Was going to order some 3/32" or 1/8" 5-ply for fins on several rockets. Discovered that (at least on ebay) 1/16" G10 could be had for less! Ordered two sheets 12x24", $30 with free shipping. These will be fins on a Super Big Bertha clone, a Super Vega clone, and a scratchbuilt 3" rocket.