What competitions are there?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MB_SEDS_Rocketry

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good competition for a college club? We have been doing the SEDS USA competition for years, but that is only once a year. I am looking for another competition and I wanted to do USLI, however, a 2014 USLI might not happen this year. Any suggestions?

Boy do I have one for you! Don't have any idea where Eden NY is but, Radical Rocketeers r hosting "Open Skies 2013", Great Meadows, NJ. For Openers, an "F" duel-eggloft altitude. That means 2 eggs, an altimeter and an "F" motor. The Bonus is, if u fly in 2 different events, u will b entered into a "FREE" raffle for a HPR conversion Kit; "Crayon Rocket." For details and location, go to "Radrocketeers.org."

You might want to go the the NAR website www.nar.org/pinkbook download a copy of the current "PINK BOOK" US National Model Rocket Sporting Code containing ALL various Duration, Altitude and other Scale & Craftsmanship event along with rules and regs of each.

I guess the bigger question is, "What kind of competition are you looking for?" There's NAR sanctioned contests, FAI sanctioned contests, and then all of your collegiate/high school contests. Most other contests are informal deals done at local clubs. The NAR and FAI contests are all low power (up to G) and usually are "go highest," "go longest," or build a scale model, though there are some exceptions. For NAR competition, you must be a NAR member to participate. I am your regional contest board chair (Northeast), and would be happy to answer any questions that you have, or even to help you sanction your own contest up in NY.

I was looking for more of a high power rocketry competition and I fly with tripoli and URRG. I never thought about setting up a contest, its something to think about about.

Latest posts

Back