What Cameras do you fly?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBoyson

Inverted Pursuits Lab
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I've been compiling a list of cameras comonly used in High powered rocketry and their specs. Here's my list so far. (adding "votes for" as people post what they fly with, also polling on Facebook).

--Main Cameras--
Mobius Pro Mini (4)
Mobius Maxi (1)
RunCam2 4k (6)
Estes AstroCam (3)
RunCam2 1080p (2)

--Other Cams--
808 keychain cam (4)
Foxeer Legend 2

I've additionally found the Foxeer Legend2, but this looks to be an out of production line of camers from Foxeer and I've never seen them flown before.

Let me know what you fly or have seen flown, this list is cool already but could be longer!?

Last edited:
I haven't flown a camera in about 8 years when I few a 808 keychain spy cam that were $1 a piece from China. I now have a RunCam 2 4K I got for Christmas, but haven't had a chance to fly it yet.

It would be nice if you can update your #1 post with the ratings people give to the different types as the posts come in.

I haven't flown a camera in about 8 years when I few a 808 keychain spy cam that were $1 a piece from China. I now have a RunCam 2 4K I got for Christmas, but haven't had a chance to fly it yet.

It would be nice if you can update your #1 post with the ratings people give to the different types as the posts come in.
I'll definetly try to keep updating as I can, I know main posts lock after awhile. Should be some cool data

RunCam2 4K and never look back. I have 2, never had a single failure and they fit into 3D printed shrouds and work great.
The 4 I listed are the top 4 because you can get printed camera shrouds from either myself (Inverted Pursuits Lab) or Additive Aerospace.
I also don't care who you buy from, but gosh dang it fly with camera shrouds. I've seen to many cameras lost in fields.

Back