What are your Thanksgiving plans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My birthday is always either just before, just after or right on Thanksgiving Day. So it's always been a sort of double holiday for me.

My wife's birthday is just before Independence Day, and my best friend's (and best man's) birthday is just before Christmas. So they can relate. :D

MarkII

Visting Family on Thursday and the rest of the weekend reapairing and Painting Rockets that I have not gotten to in the Past Year.

Once she is moved out there will be no kids at home living with us. I haven't decided if that is a good or bad thing. :confused:

It's a mixed blessing - the grocery and electricity bills definitely took a nose dive when our son fled the coop for good (a couple of trials to take a few semesters at college gave him and us a good idea of what it was going to be like, except for the fact that now, we can do whatever we want with his old room! :D ). Not having to share the remote to the big screen, a reduction in the auto and medical insurance... financially, it was a minor windfall. Of course, the disadvantage is that you wonder what's going on with them, and are they OK a lot more than before.

So, traditional Thanksgiving fare, then! Especially that last item. :D

Just like the Pilgrims ate...

MarkII

LOL. If he wants to drink like the Pilgrims drank, he'll need to add beer to that list. :cheers:

Back