What are your favorite Sean Connery movies?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always loved the way he said "I should have given it to the Marx Brothers" in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Did that movie really come out in 1989? Whoa.

Alas, Sean Connery has shuffled off of this mortal coil. He will be long remembered for his contributions to motion pictures, of course. He made many entertaining films, what are your favorites? I'll go with;
The Man Who Would be King. co-starred Michael Caine and Christopher Plummer.
Robin and Marian. co-starred Audrey Hepburn and Nicole Williamson. Special mention on this to Richard Harris as Richard Lionheart, and especially Robert Shaw for a really intriguing portrayal of The Sheriff of Nottingham.
Those are my two most favorite, what are yours?
Mine is Gold Finger.

He will always be the best Bond, of course, and he was brilliant in all those mentioned so far, but two of my favorites were The Name of the Rose and Outland (Yup, Outland. I said it.)

Name of the Rose is a murder mystery set in a 14th century Benedictine monastery. Based on an Italian novel by Umberto Eco, it has an intricate plot, features a great cast (including a very young Christian Slater) and is visually spectacular. Highly recommended...

Outland is "High Noon" in space, and aside from a few dodgy effects has a great, gritty space mine look to it. The plot is pretty a standard "new sheriff in town" kind of thing, but is well done and fun to watch.

Might have to watch both tonight...

Thanks for decades of wonderful entertainment Sean, you will be missed.
He was the best James Bond.

I always loved the way he said "I should have given it to the Marx Brothers" in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Did that movie really come out in 1989? Whoa.
It's crazy how that's a decade closer to Apollo 11 than it is to the present day.

He may have been in a few bad movies, but he never had a bad performance. He single-handedly carried The Untouchables, which would have been fair to awful without him.

Back