What are your favorite build threads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neutronium95

Reaction score
I'm working on putting together a collection of rocketry resources for the benefit of myself and others. There are so many little nuggets of knowledge spread across so many build threads on here that it would be impossible for one person to sort through all of them.

Here are a few of my favorites:
  • Bare Necessities was an inspiration when I was getting interested in extreme performance designs.
  • I really loved the built up fins on this Nike Zeus build.
  • The 3" Bluefin Tuba has directly inspired the rocket that I'm doing my L2 on.

Feel free to post any threads that you think are interesting and are worthy of being recommended. Whether it's something that's pushing limits, an unconventional design, or just has some useful tips and tricks.

I tried to get a list going like this once but couldn't muster up any interest. I hope you have better luck this time. Unfortunately it is quite surprisingly difficult to search for or just browse build threads here; for older ones you need to know what you're looking for.

I only have two at my fingertips at the moment:
  • @Funkworks 's current A Rocket for a Smurf thread is simply incredible, and it doesn't matter if you care about the rocket or about smurfs in general. Check it out.
  • @Flyfalcons 's Flying V. An incredible build and deserving winner of the 2016 Summer Build contest.
I'll have to go dig up links for @hornet driver 's builds. They were amazing as well.

There are a lot!

One nice thing would be if the forums used & pushed thread tags. We see them in the yard-sale & 3D printing forums, but no where else. Having the tags option, but available for this particular topic would help searches immensely!

One nice thing would be if the forums used & pushed thread tags. We see them in the yard-sale & 3D printing forums, but no where else. Having the tags option, but available for this particular topic would help searches immensely!
Yes, a "Build Thread" tag would be nice.... but it would probably not help with all the old build threads that are untagged, unless someone is going to go back through them (!) and tag them.

Back