What are you reading?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm enjoying it so far. Don't know what you mean by being a boson, but I've liked Ringo's novels, so far.
He calls the "wormhole" things "bosons". They can be 20 or more feet across. A boson is a subatomic particle. He was lazy in giving them this name. Calling him a "boson" was meant to be a pun on the word moron. If you can ignore that, and a couple of other things, the series is a pretty good read.

Last edited:
"The Dolorous Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ" by Bl. Anne Catherine Emmerich. Based on her visions and contains details not seen in the bible that were used in the movie, "The Passion of the Christ."

Not sure about anything on his own (not read any) but I liked the books he did when teamed up with David Weber.
I like John Ringo. Read all the Legacy of the Aldenata series, all of the Into the Looking Glass series and am now reading the Live Free or Die series. Just finished the first one, Live Free or Die and books two and three arrive sometime today before 10pm. (HURRY UP, AMAZON!)

I like John Ringo. Read all the Legacy of the Aldenata series, all of the Into the Looking Glass series and am now reading the Live Free or Die series. Just finished the first one, Live Free or Die and books two and three arrive sometime today before 10pm. (HURRY UP, AMAZON!)
Thanks. Might give them a go.

OK, I confess. I started reading Ringo's "Looking Glass" series. I read the first book then switched and started reading Ian Douglas' "Heritage" trilogy (first book is "Semper Mars"). The action and character interplay in Ringo's books are good, the science is terrible. Douglas's books have action in a similar vein, but are written in a more serious manner. The three trilogies about "Space Marines" ("Heritage", "Legacy", "Inheritance") follow the lives of the descendants of several families deeply involved the the Space Marines, over a couple of hundred years. David Drake is another good author of science fiction/space combat.

Who did the examinations? Him or a third party lab?
I am not very far in the book yet, but I don't think the author did any of the testing himself, nor was he personally involved in it.

Rather, the author researched the incidents, travelled around the world to interview those involved, and translates medical jargon from various cited test results for laymen.

"Early Native Americans of West Virginia." Who would have thought they were in that mountainous terrain from 10,500 BC to 1700?

An interesting but sad article on the genocide of the American Indian that we slaughtered almost to extinction, which was our goal all along. :(
https://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/wjdt_665385/2649_665393/202203/t20220302_10647120.html

Actually, not in this case. This is what I was taught in school also. There was very minimal contact and trade with Native Americans in West Virginia. It has been argued because of a lack of evidence to show combat between Europeans and natives in WV that not a single person was found shot by Europeans.

This book is based on archaeological evidence showing only a few axes and glass beads to show some trade. By 1700 and beyond, the area was fairly unexplored. The few explorers were French, and they reported the villages were empty and in disrepair.

Slaughter? No, but the evidence indicates disease was likely the cause of death. Not smallpox but other communicable diseases that were accidentally passed to the Native Americans.

I am not saying that slaughter did not occur elsewhere, but the is limited evidence in WV. Contact with Native Americans in WV was with tribes outside the area that were support the French and not the native tribes that were long gone.

"The Possibility of Life: Science, Imagination, and Our Quest for Kinship in the Cosmos" by Jaime Green

Latest posts

Back