What are you reading?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is the new short story “The Sins of Our Fathers,” about 2 hrs 23 minutes, that doesn’t really add anything to the storyline. It’s about Philip Inaro, who is going by his mother’s last name Ngata.

Presumably a favor from the authors for those of us who wanted a little more closure to Filip's story.

I had heard there was supposed to be a story in it called Memory's Legion, but checked the fan wiki when there wasn't one, and apparently that story was renamed Sins of our Fathers because the publisher didn't want to create confusion by having both the stand-alone e-book novella and the print collection be called Memory's Legion.

The book also includes a page or two of author commentary after each story, which I found pretty neat. I've only read Drive so far, not really anything I hadn't seen before since it was adapted into a few flashback scenes for the TV show.

Last edited:
Presumably a favor from the authors for those of us who wanted a little more closure to Filip's story.

I had heard there was supposed to be a story in it called Memory's Legion, but checked the fan wiki when there wasn't one, and apparently that story was renamed Sins of our Fathers because the publisher didn't want to create confusion by having both the stand-alone e-book novella and the print collection be called Memory's Legion.

The book also includes a page or two of author commentary after each story, which I found pretty neat. I've only read Drive so far, not really anything I hadn't seen before since it was adapted into a few flashback scenes for the TV show.

As for Audible.com, the new comprehensive collection of Expanse short stories (Memory’s Legions), I found it only slightly cheaper to purchase the three short stories I didn’t already have; Drive, Butcher of Anderson Station, and the newest, The Sins of Our Fathers (total cost $11.97) to using a CREDIT to purchase the comprehensive collection, Memory’s Legion (cost of credit/$13.33). Now, what to spend that $1.36 on.👊🏻✌🏻🤘🏻👌🏻🖖🏻🖕🏻

I just started on "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy. It was written in the mid-'80's, and reflects the political thinking of the time. I have to wonder, though, how much of that paranoia still exists in the minds of the Russian leaders?

Lord Darcy investigates by Randall Garrett. Sort of a police procedural with magic.

Just starting on Mecha Corps by Brett Patton, aka Jason Stoddard. Jason is one of the cofounders of Schiit Audio, along with Mike Moffat, formerly of Theta Digital, who made and marketed the first outboard DAC components when CDs came out. I just finished the online forum version of Schiit Happens, his history of the company.

Just finished Machinehood by S B Divya. Fast past AI thriller, enjoyed it a lot.

I just finished re reading all the Asimov Foundation books, Robot books, Tie ins, and the 3 Empire books.

It was an interesting 10 or so months. Enjoyable.

I started in preparation for the Apple TV+ disappointing Foundation series and just kept going.

I just started "Rendezvous with Rama". It's another re-read.

Back