What are you reading?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA! You all are going to think me crazy. I've been reading the boxed set of... Tintin. Yep, cartoons by Herge' as my bed-time reading. Last time I saw these was when I was 12. Something soft, light, and familiar nostalgia helps settle the nerves after a long day. :bravo:
Old Duck Tales comics still grab me by the nostalgia.

LEVIATHAN FALLS! I made sure I finished the book I was listening to before midnight last night, so I could start on Leviathan Falls.

Same, my copy should be here by the time I get home from work. I stayed up a little last night finishing the Navarre Bible Pentateuch so I would be ready to start Leviathan Falls tonight.

ROFL, I finished a Jack Reacher book just before midnight, Persuader, so I’d be ready.

Astounding book. You'll love it.

great to hear
Iam looking forward to it .
Every interview I watched with mike Collins I have truly enjoyed he appeared to be a really nice guy and smart so Iam sure this book will keep my attention

Just finished Leviathan Falls. Satisfying ending. All too often, writers are lousy at ending their stories . . . no such complaint here.

Just finished Leviathan Falls. Satisfying ending. All too often, writers are lousy at ending their stories . . . no such complaint here.
Love that series I am about to start the book right before leviathan falls

Also just finished the last shadow by Orson Scott card. This book is related to the ender game

Love that series I am about to start the book right before leviathan falls

Also just finished the last shadow by Orson Scott card. This book is related to the ender game

There are so many storied in the Ender series, that I got lost. Some stories are along the same timeline of the first book, but told from the perspective of one of the other characters, like Bean. One day, I will complete all the books.

There are so many storied in the Ender series, that I got lost. Some stories are along the same timeline of the first book, but told from the perspective of one of the other characters, like Bean. One day, I will complete all the books.
Yes there are so many stories and gives plenty to read and enjoy. Another series of books is the Murder bot series by I believe Martha Wells, Sci-fi and a bit funny along the way. It is being told in the point of view of a android.

What a great book! I've been a member of Tripoli for nigh on 12 years now but because of this book I've also recently joined the NAR. I'm almost done reading then I'll hit the next one in the rangers apprentice series 20211204_122402.jpg

I think you will really love it.
I agree !!! I am sure I will get hooked right into the book
Looking forward to it
Wanted to start the read the other day but didn’t so this weekend I will

The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland — Is it real magic or just quantum physics? Time travel told through the bureaucracy of a clandestine black budget government agency that starts off small and quickly gets too bloated for its own good.

It’s a satirical look at government agencies mixed with a sci-fi historical adventure. Some of my favorite bits are the overuse of acronyms to describe every aspect of DODO’s operations.

HPR 2 by Mark Canepa, started it 9 years ago, never finished it. Shows how most HPR is primitive using 2x4's, heavy Sonotube airframes, and end up weighing so much they are low altitude rockets. It makes it appear that hobby builders only use what they can find at their hardware stores, which is largely true.

HPR 2 by Mark Canepa, started it 9 years ago, never finished it. Shows how most HPR is primitive using 2x4's, heavy Sonotube airframes, and end up weighing so much they are low altitude rockets. It makes it appear that hobby builders only use what they can find at their hardware stores, which is largely true.

I would love to see a HPR 3.

I would love to see a HPR 3.
Exactly, and showing how the advanced guys use carbon fiber and aluminum airframes, billet bulkheads, a section on the latest GPS and ham radio tracking advancements, Making HP motors and the costs/comparisons/suppliers of materials to do so.

Exactly, and showing how the advanced guys use carbon fiber and aluminum airframes, billet bulkheads, a section on the latest GPS and ham radio tracking advancements, Making HP motors and the costs/comparisons/suppliers of materials to do so.

Heck, we could all offer to help write it.

Back