mach7

Reaction score
"On the Shoulders of Titans: A History of Project Gemini"
By Barton Hacker and James Grimwood

CFPeVYHh.jpg

vcp

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I recall that years ago 'Wool' was a topic of discussion here. I notice that at the moment 'Wool' and the entire Silo series are available on Kindle for $2,

dpower

Reaction score
I finished Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky a few weeks ago. It's a pretty interesting hard sci-fi, describing the evolution of a spider society and its interaction with the remnants of humanity who are trying to find a new home after Earth is destroyed in a global nuclear/biological war. The author did a really good job of world-building and thinking about how various aspects of a society would play themselves out. He also does a good job of not telegraphing the resolution to the plot. You really don't know how it's going to end until the last few pages.
I really enjoyed that book also! The 2nd in the series, "Children of Ruin" was every bit as good, and I've just started the 3rd, "Children of Memory".

1678842492713.png

Pappy

old man, lovin' life
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
picked up a card story at the airport, parallel tale of enders game, title eludes me. also a niven/pournelle fantasy thing called burning city.

Antares JS

Professional Amateur
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
"The Historical Jesus" by Gary R. Habermas.

Very interesting deep dive into the reliability of the New Testament books as historical documents, other non-biblical historical documents that point to the existence of Jesus and/or corroborate events discussed in the Gospels, and most of all, what facts we can know for sure about the life of Jesus from this documentation and not from any religious faith, and how certain other alternative hypotheses about Jesus's life fall flat in the face of the facts known from these documents.

Thundercloud

Reaction score
I am reading Einstein, his Life and Universe. It is long but good. I find it interesting to learn about his relationships with other scientists, and how their ideas contributed to Einstein's theory of Relativity.
1678982463745.png

Dotini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've just finished The Curse of Oak Island, by Randall Sullivan. It's a comprehensive, straightforward and skeptical history of the Island and its mystery.

Anyone else following the series on TV? Anyone have any strong ideas on who built the complex network of tunnels and shafts on the island?