3D Printing What Are You Printing Today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fincan print failed at 36/56 hours. The restart lost adhesion at the tips and is warping up.

Well, if I can’t fill and file, I can always reprint.

I had a terrible time getting the restart to stick. (I resliced at the appropriate height- I didn’t try to restart the old job.) It turns out that I was underextruding by a lot. The end of the Bowden tube was partly clogged. I changed out the nozzle and cut half and inch off the Bowden. I think the remaining lifting problem is mostly Z offset tuning.

My fincan print failed at 36/56 hours. The restart lost adhesion at the tips and is warping up.

Well, if I can’t fill and file, I can always reprint.

I had a terrible time getting the restart to stick. (I resliced at the appropriate height- I didn’t try to restart the old job.) It turns out that I was underextruding by a lot. The end of the Bowden tube was partly clogged. I changed out the nozzle and cut half and inch off the Bowden. I think the remaining lifting problem is mostly Z offset tuning.
Hair spray. Trust me it works.

Hair spray. Trust me it works.

I use the Creality magnetic bed. I’ve had mixed luck with Auqanet on it. Usually I find adhesion to be more about z-offset for the first layer (by material) and good extruder flow.

I’m beginning to think about doing a single layer sacrificial piece after cleaning with iso-propyl.

I use the Creality magnetic bed. I’ve had mixed luck with Auqanet on it. Usually I find adhesion to be more about z-offset for the first layer (by material) and good extruder flow.

I’m beginning to think about doing a single layer sacrificial piece after cleaning with iso-propyl.
Then a raft might work.

I'm still a noob compared to most of the contributors to this thread, but I'm a fan of both the Creality magnetic bed and of rafts.

I think I’ll reprint. The gap I could fill. Getting that leading edge right again??? Not so sure.

And I’ll update the ID while I’m at it - it’s a bit tight.

I go through long stretches where the bed works great. And then something happens. I clean it off. The first couple of prints have adhesion issues. Then it settles in and works well.

IMG_1347.jpg

Charles,

Our maker: Fusion3, recommends a regular school glue stick.. Elmer's school glue, purple.. 3 layers of glue stick for PETG (2 at 90° to each other, the 3rd at 45°)

On the CR10-s5: A bolt bin drawer for a hand me-down farmer bolt bin.

On the Photon: Holverson Designs/Fun Rockets PNCs that never came out around 20 years ago.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-13_15-15-39.png
    upload_2019-11-13_15-15-39.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 46
Printed this a while back, PETG. Print quit after about 4 days so I finished the rest and will have to trim and mate.
I print on glass with White Rain extra hold hair spray and that works well, I find glue stick makes a mess of the bed. Printing the escape tower is a real challenge. Some time I want to try to use PVA for support. Seems like an ideal solution for the tower.

csm2.jpg csm1.jpg

Little bit a few days off. I have to do some maintenance. Good news it is still covered and prusa is shipping me the parts,

Printed a 3” 11 degree total angle cone as an outer contour. It failed about 2” from the tip, which I reprinted normally, with a shoulder.

It’s PLA, but my plan is to foam fill it, then glue in the shoulder.

IMG_1373.jpg
IMG_1374.jpg

T344 to BT80 coupler Terrier Interstage.

IMG_1375.jpg

This is Overture clear PETG, and it’s performed really well. I suspect Overture is the same as Amazonbasics was.

As Hatchbox has gotten scarce, I’ll be using Overture for a while. The color options are limited, but I can live with it.

I finally used up my white eSun PETG. It’s been my least favorite so far.

Overture is the same manufacturer as Amazon Basics and one other manufacturer.

I printed a new nosecone for my ACME Spitfire. Huge thanks to Alan R for designing it and posting it to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3987864
acme.jpg

And I printed more Keck clips for my lab on my Anycubic Photon, this time with Sirya Tenacious resin. These clips are a great test for new resins. Where my other prints have been a little too brittle, this resin is quite rubbery. I think it's time to brandish my chemist credentials and start mixing stuff in my basement this weekend.
keck.jpg

Huge thanks to Alan R
Wow. Cool! Thanks for the mention. I hope it works for you.

Mine is mostly finished. I'm still contemplating whether or not to paint the fins silver just for a little contrast

Attachments

• IMG_20191121_152456695.jpg
    IMG_20191121_152456695.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Back