What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Archers of Loaf on KEXP. Not quite a household name, but influential indie rockers since the early 90s. I also think KEXP employs wizards as sound engineers. Their live performances from the studio always sound good.

Last edited:
jazz fusion large playlist;

As I listen to Zappa more, I realize that several of his albums featured jazz fusion. Specifically, Grand Wazoo is all fusion, while several of his other albums had quite a bit. I learned that when he was injured after a "fan" attacked him on stage, he switched gears from his "freak" rock to fusion.

I think tomorrow I'll listen to Grand Wazoo to start the day.

Weekend jam!

1. Love Song - Tesla
  2. Love Walks In - Van Halen
  3. Loverman - Metallica
  4. Low Life - Crobot
  5. Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America
  6. Lux Aeterna - Metallica
  7. Lydia - Highly Suspect
  8. Lying From You - Linkin Park
  9. Machinehead - Bush
  10. Madness - Muse
  11. Make Me Bad - Korn
  12. Making A Fire - Foo Fighters
  13. Malibu - Hole
  14. Mama, I’m Coming Home - Ozzy Osbourne
  15. Man in the Box - Alice in Chains
  16. MANIFEST - STARSET
  17. Mars Simula - Chevelle

Symphony of Thanksgiving. I used to play this when I played cornet in the Melbourne Tramways Band. We were an A-grade brass band (and champion marching band also) at the time and this was one of the competition pieces. Very nice piece of music.

I have been listening to Bloodywood again a bit recently. I bet most would find them total #$^ as either the rap element, the metal element, the foreign language element or the indigenous element would razzle some feather here or there, but I find the mix of the music jaw dropping. They are currently my favorite band of the year and on my top 10 for personal connection.

I find them to be very talented in each of the genres they are working within and I think for a person that is a mild metal head, but not hugely judgemental (i.e. it wasn't heavy enough, so it is trash), the sounds are very well done. Add on top that they are a self-produced band (at least early on) and many of their topics are controversial/difficult, but they chose to follow that path instead of an easy path, I would like to meet each member of the band and simply say thank-you.

I have a co-worker who was born in India and goes back every few months. When I first discovered the band (i.e. YouTube algorithm, not my own effort) I asked if he would see if he could grab me a record or two next time he went and he told me that when he asked, nobody knew who they were, so they are likely a Westernized band with the majority of the following being in Europe and North America. I find their style interesting and am glad that the gods at YouTube assumed that was what I wanted to listen to. They have become pretty popular in the 'reaction video' scene, which is not my thing, but if it helps connect people to new ideas, then I guess it works.

My recommendation, if you are interested would be to YouTube any of the songs except 'Yaad.' The song is great, but it is too much of a gut punch for me to listen to often. It is not on my regular music rotation.

Also, for those who are not metal people who often argue that "They are just screaming. I can't understand what they are saying!" that is true at times with this band. In all fairness, I agree, but the fact that they are screaming in a different language at times gives me an out. They do put sub-titles on a good bit of the time and I'd say the sounds of the words are imprinted on me now, even if the correct usage isn't.

Wow. . . too long of a post. . . Sorry, but not so sorry as to delete it. If metal, rap and different cultures are in your wheelhouse, check out Bloodywood on YouTube. If not, skip for sure.

Sandy.

Back