What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trumpet...

Bill Chase- Mr. Fire and Excitement
4VSiSIs.gif

Fear Inoculum 5 LP set is half off at amazon for another 90 minutes, and an unknown amount of time at musicdirect, hopefully someone sees this and adds it to their Toolbox.... see what i did there?
I have a friend in Greenville South Carolina who has a $600,000 stereo system and he played one song off of that album and of course the speakers literally were giving me a visceral feel from the bass Kick Drum. I came home and started listening to it on YouTube to acquaint myself with more of their songs. I wish I could afford that five LP set. :(

the Tool song my friend played me on his monster stereo. this really should be played on a stereo with a good subwoofer or a killer set of headphones with good bass.

Last edited:

Ahh yes.
Kashmir is one of my all time favorite tracks....definitely a "desert island disc" for me.
The original version is still basically untouchable, and as near to perfection as it gets.
I'm always on the lookout for interesting takes/covers, and have found a few that were noteworthy (Brass Against, a string ensemble version, etc.)
But man this "Celebration Day" version comes close....one of THE best "old timers demonstrating that they still got it" takes of all time.
RIP John Bonham, but his boy sure does his daddy proud here.

s6

Latest posts

Back