What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekend jam!

1. Neighbor - Ugly Kid Joe
  2. Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy) - Rob Zombie
  3. Never There - Cake
  4. Never Too Late - Three Days Grace
  5. New Divide - Linkin Park
  6. Nice to Know You - Incubus
  7. Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
  8. Nightrain - Guns N’ Roses
  9. No Apologies - Papa Roach
  10. No Excuses - Alice In Chains
  11. No Leaf Clover - Metallica
  12. No More Sorrow - Linkin Park
  13. No One Knows - Queens Of The Stone Age
  14. No One Like You - Scorpions
  15. No Rain - Blind Melon
  16. No Remorse - Metallica
  17. No Shelter - Rage Against The Machine

Got to see The Avalanches do a set in SF at the Warfield last Wednesday, and the title of their last album, We Will Always Love You is that same line from The Roches' Hammond Song (with that lovely Robert Fripp, who produced the album, guitar solo) which got me going back to The Roaches and also Whitney, who did a lovely cover of Hammond Song on their previous album. The new Whitney album, Spark, is also good.

The other inspiration for the Avalanches' album is the Golden Record (see, there's a space tie-in in this post) and the relationship between Ann Druyan and Carl Sagan: love, loss, and cosmic scale. I recommend it.

I have some killer playlists.
I play most music from the computer these days.
This one includes Marilyn Manson, disturbed, union underground, and Taylor Swift. :)

I have some killer playlists.
I play most music from the computer these days.
This one includes Marilyn Manson, disturbed, union underground, and Taylor Swift. :)
I’ve got lots of Disturbed, they’re probably in my top 10. Not sure how much Manson.

Crazy enough I do have a single Swift song in my library.

I get some weird looks for playing this one right after “Back In Black”.

As the title says, what are you listening to, right now? Music? Audiobook? Significant Other?

I'm listening to a mostly-jazz playlist on Qobux, including Dave Grusin, Isao Tomita, Bela Fleck, Mike Portnoy, GRPP All-Star Big Band, etc.
Right now I'm listening to The Trans Siberian Orchestra, they're playing here in Wilkes-Barre on November 27th and I can't freaking wait.

Power metal history virtuosos Sabaton randomly dropped another single on YouTube yesterday with an accompanying lyric video. The subject of the song is Fritz Haber, who won the Nobel prize for chemistry for being one of the minds behind the Haber-Bosch process for manufacturing ammonia, but is also known as the "father" of chemical warfare.

Weekend Jam!

1. The Writing on the Wall - Iron Maiden
  2. The Zephyr Song - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  3. Them Bones - Alice In Chains
  4. These Days - Foo Fighters
  5. These Days - Highly Suspect
  6. This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race - Fall Out Boy
  7. This Is Our Life - Des Rocs
  8. Thnks fr th Mmrs - Fall Out Boy
  9. Thought Contagion - Muse
  10. Through Glass - Stone Sour
  11. Through The Never - Metallica
  12. Thunder Kiss ‘65 - White Zombie
  13. Times Like These - Foo Fighters
  14. Times Like These - Five Finger Death Punch
  15. Tired of Winning - NOTHING MORE
  16. Tippa My Tongue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  17. To Be with You - Mr. Big
  18. Today - Smashing Pumpkins

Been on a bit of a Fearless Flyers kick of late.
Sorta goes like this:

And then...a bit of Joe Dart soloing (with Vulfpeck), just cause it's so dang tasty:

s6

Many people have heard that Swedish forest rangers spend their time rescuing black metal bands from the forest when they shoot album covers and videos. But they aren't the only bands who like to be cold. Here's a few emo bands playing in the snow.

Many people have heard that Swedish forest rangers spend their time rescuing black metal bands from the forest when they shoot album covers and videos. But they aren't the only bands who like to be cold. Here's a few emo bands playing in the snow.

I’ve got a little bit of AFI in my library. I’m excited for Falling In Reverse’s upcoming extended play.

Back