What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's my favorite musician, but I have no idea of which guitar it is :questions: I'm a trumpet player.
The instrument is the "Pikasso Guitar" built by Linda Manzer.
It's the crazy looking one with multiple necks, tons of strings........a "harp guitar" on steroids you would say.

So, "fan fretting" is also (and more accurately) known as "multiscale". This is alluding to the fact that each string is a different scale length. This largely is concerned with the tonal qualities of the concept, less with the ergonomic.

Look at the set of strings on short stubby "neck" above the main one. See how the string lengths are radically different from each other? This is basically utilizing the "multiscale" concept. Now, there are no frets, so you can't technically say this is "fan fretting". Also, these strings are made to be played like harp strings and are not actually "fretted" with the left hand (although Pat does do so occasionally). But the tonal concept of "fan fretting" or "multiscale" is what Linda was going for in her design here.

pat-metheny.jpg

s6

Last edited:
... and this is why I took up tuba playing

i love the story of hearing about Dizzy Gillespie coming to Cuba, and Dizzy was Arturo's Hero, so they arranged it so that Arturo posed as Dizzy's taxi driver, and when Dizzy got up on stage to play they snuck Arturo up and he started playing what Dizzy was playing an octave higher and Dizzy supposedly stopped the band and said, " this is my taxi driver"

I give up for today :mad:

I don't know why it keeps doing that. The video is actually playable. I right click on the black square, then "Save URL", then right click on the address bar at the top of the browser, "Paste and Go" - plays without any problems

Same with the Maynard video before it.

Back