What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one of the albums that basically were such a major part of my life, I honestly can't imagine not having them. And now 45 years later, I still listen to it regularly (like right now).

I tend to bristle a bit when people talk of such and such an artist as being a "god", but quite frankly Patti comes as close as I'll ever get to describing with such language. She (and the group, and this album) are huge in my world. Here's a sampling of this album (which is solid from start to finish). Also, yes this album includes "Because the Night" which I don't even need to post here, and yes it deserves all the accolades it gets and more.

Fair Warning! - Patti tends to use some language that might "trigger" certain christian folk, and there are a couple bits here that are perhaps NSFW.

s6

Love Patti to bits.

‘Because the Night’ was written by Bruce Springsteen, who is a brilliant songwriter. But, he’s pretty wooden. Patti made this her own.

Also, compare Sprinsteen’s version of ‘From Small Things Big Things Grow’ to Dave Edmunds cover.

Don’t get me wrong, Bruce is great. But, like Dylan, sometimes the covers take the ribbon.

Anyhoo, nice to see Patti has other fans here.

Work music for a Friday...

Nick Cave - The Mercy Seat

Johnny Cash - The Mercy Seat

Two of my favourites.
When I first heard that J. Cash was covering this song, I couldn't wait to hear it....and when I did it did not disappoint.
Oh my.

s6

Back