What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I've posted a whole bunch of songs/vids in the "songs that make you cry" thread.
This of course has put me in a saddy-pie mood.
I need something to kick me out of it.
This ought to do it:

yep, that worked,
s6

So, I've posted a whole bunch of songs/vids in the "songs that make you cry" thread.
This of course has put me in a saddy-pie mood.
I need something to kick me out of it.
This ought to do it:

yep, that worked,
s6

That's 48 seconds of my life I can't get back. (Didn't watch the whole thing.)

That's 48 seconds of my life I can't get back. (Didn't watch the whole thing.)
I'm sorry you feel that way (but understand & figured very few here would "get it")
For the record, I think it's a way fun, and did not post it trying to be ironic or somesuch.
I'll gladly spend the 48 seconds, and fully enjoy the rest too.
You could always go to the sad/crying songs.....they are probably a bit more "accessible" than this for most folks.

Enjoy the music you love, expand your mind/experience when it works, and move on (like you did here) when it don't.

s6

"Talent" is a tricky thing. AND it ain't the only thing.

Case in point......Bob Dylan is not a very talented singer, but I absolutely love his music. Yngwie Malmsteen is a very talented guitar player, and I'd rather poke my eyes out than listen to him.

Sorry about your 48 seconds y'all.

Lots of flavors of ice cream out there in the world,
s6

Nope, the girls in the video weren't singing, there was no melody, and they obviously didn't have to practice more than 10 minutes. now THIS IS TALENT from spending her entire life practicing:

Hobie my son........You're not REALLY saying that music cannot be enjoyed unless the performer spent "their entire life" practicing it, are you? You're not REALLY saying someone else's tastes are not valid if they don't ONLY listen to massively "talented" players, right? You're not really questioning other people's tastes because they don't line up with what you value in music, correct? Really?

I live in a world where I get a LOT of enjoyment out of the likes of Pat Metheny, Lou Reed, Fishbone, Bad Brains, Townes Van Zandt, classical music in general, punk rock, and yes even Otoboke Beaver. Sorry if that doesn't meet anyone else's standards.

And I DO very much appreciate what we might agree on is "real talent", backed by devotion to craft, and a lifetime of perfecting that craft. Not always...in fact a huge amount of the end result is often boring at best.....but when it's good, oh man is it.

If it makes you all feel better, here's something for you. This is a friend, who is more talented than most anyone you've ever known, leads a life that is completely 1000% devoted to honing and perfecting his craft, is mind-blowing to watch and listen to in concert, and is as true an artist as it's possible to be. AND I love him playing this piece:

And, just for your, I'll give you this (which I love and makes me very happy):

Feel better now?
s6

Last edited:
Back