What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark Tranquility. I was plannkng to see them last week, but it was canceled due to snow even though they made it to town that afternoon.

When I would go hunting way back in the woods. When I got out of the car there was no noise except the breeze thru the pines. The silence was deafening.

Now, what I was listening to while putting on filets was Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here.

David Bowie
Kate Bush
Book of Love
Talking Heads
Art of Noise
Depeche Mode
Yaz
Thompson Twins
Human League
Siouxsie and the Banshees

In short, the same stuff I've been listening to for 45 years.

Over the past few weeks, I've been listening to Bloodywood on youtube. Not sure exactly how I got there the first time, but I like the metal/folk music nature. I haven't watched much of their produced videos, mostly the Waken show/documentary. Best music ever? No. More interesting than what I've heard in the metal genre recently? Absolutely.

I hope they stick to their values and benefit from their music career. If the Waken documentary is real and its not just a publicity/spin thing, its a pretty good modern day garage band story.

Sandy.

Over the past few weeks, I've been listening to Bloodywood on youtube. Not sure exactly how I got there the first time, but I like the metal/folk music nature. I haven't watched much of their produced videos, mostly the Waken show/documentary. Best music ever? No. More interesting than what I've heard in the metal genre recently? Absolutely.

I hope they stick to their values and benefit from their music career. If the Waken documentary is real and its not just a publicity/spin thing, its a pretty good modern day garage band story.

Sandy.

If you've recently discovered folk metal, I highly recommend Eluveitie, Alestorm, and Elvenking as good bands to check out next. Eluveitie has more death metal elements and has a lot of songs about celts in the pre-Roman eras and during the Roman conquests, and incorporate tin whistles, violin, and hurdy-gurdy. Alestorm has more silly and lighthearted songs about pirates and drinking and incorporates accordion/squeezebox sounds and sea shanty melodies, and Elvenking has fantasy and pagan themes and a violin player.

Folk metal is one of my two favorite metal subgenres, the other being power metal.

Back