What are you flying at MWPX?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be a little early for the info but how many flyers did we have and how many flights. Miki and I had a great time.
Gary

Always nice rappin' with ya Gary, glad you came down. A big thanks for the generous donation to the raffle as well - I was fortunate to come away with a purdy new 58" neon green chute, now I need to build a rocket for it!

A new offering from Estes? That would be over the top!

I believe it would be from Estes' parent company: Hobbico, or one of their name brands. Suffice it to say, lots of carbon, silky smooth brushless motors, a Lipo and a steady pair of thumbs on the sticks! Very cool, Grim!

Ummm can I get in on that deal?? I want to earn a Sconnie decal!!

Mark, you can cheat; just print off as many as you like:wink:. Let me know if you'll be at Thunderstruck. Mental note; order more Sconnie decals from Mark!

-Eric-

Gary,

Registered flyers were right around 200. As for numbers of flights and all that stuff, it'll take me a few more days to get those numbers together.

Mr. Lumberjack,

You did an excellent job of compiling the numbers from MWP-9; looking forward to the totals from X! How big is the box/bucket that contains all the flight cards?

-P motor-

When can we expect to see pictures? I feel like a kid at Christmas.
I have no photos of Eric's flights :eyepop:

However, between my camera battery dying and me not carrying the thing around the whole time, I got these...

Jim Scarpine's Standard Arm:
IMG_5875.jpg

A nice L3 cert on a CTI M3700:
IMG_5878.jpg

Chuck Swindler's Wildman:
IMG_5881.jpg

Vern's big MR on a blue CTI N:
IMG_5884.jpg

Scott K's Extreme WM on a Loki L780SF:
IMG_5888.jpg

CJ checks in for the Pirate drag race:
IMG_5880.jpg

Pirate drag racers (and PM Foxy, making sure the paperwork is in order):
IMG_5895.jpg

As expected, CTI motors win:
IMG_5898.jpg

then Tim Dixon catches up with the Loki special:
IMG_5904.jpg

Jason follows shortly thereafter with a Loki J1000:
IMG_5908.jpg

and my buffer filled up before Steve's J825 lit.

Roger Jezler's Mad Max on an SPR M:
IMG_5923.jpg

CJ's Vindicator with the new RRC3 onboard, on a K700:
IMG_5926.jpg

Manny's L3 was a family affair:
IMG_5920.jpg

M2200SK:
IMG_5929.jpg

Yes, it did recover:
IMG_5942.jpg

Pumpkins on a J460T:
IMG_5943.jpg

Hot Tub's WM on a Sconnie Sparky:
IMG_5944.jpg

Hot Tub listening to his altimeter readout, I think:
IMG_6014.jpg

Last edited:
Greg LaMaster's big Sidewinder:
IMG_5946.jpg

My LJ on a Carol Ryan L695BL:
IMG_5949.jpg

Jenny Gross' Tigress XL on a CTI blue motor:
IMG_5955.jpg

Jason was sad that nobody else wanted to take a group photo with him:
IMG_5957.jpg

Roger Jezler's I5 on a 17.5k SPR:
IMG_5961.jpg

Vic Barlow's 6" BBX on a 12.5k 65/35 SPR:
IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

Lumberjack's Darkstar Extreme on another Sconnie Sparky:
IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

Gus Piepenburg's War Eagle on an AMW N2801SK:
IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

And note that I didn't pee myself ;)

AWESOME pictures as usual Dave!
But, i think i scared away Mr. Slater with the "motor transmograformation" thinga mah jiggy........
Gary? Come back....i was just kidding......unless YOU really want too do it!

Im late to the thread, but I had a great time with my wife, Im still kind of a newbie everyone was nice. I flew a darkstar4, Madcow Seawolf, and my favorite, Polecat Woket.. Thanks everyone it was fun...

Im late to the thread, but I had a great time with my wife, Im still kind of a newbie everyone was nice. I flew a darkstar4, Madcow Seawolf, and my favorite, Polecat Woket.. Thanks everyone it was fun...

Seawolf? You the fellow from Oak Creek?

Indeed, a fine looking Woket. Hey, it was nice meeting you at the launch. We'll hopefully see you again at next years.

Sather

Or at the sod farm or Johnson Creek or Bong - I think he said he joined WOOSH?

Last one - maybe.

[video=youtube_share;NSBBNevX-Dw]https://youtu.be/NSBBNevX-Dw[/video]

[YOUTUBE]hE2xgHU6Hro&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a poor quality video of my Level three. I wasn't making sure that I was following it, I was just watching...

That's Jason singing in eye of the tiger in the background. I'm sure that Justin's video of this flight is MUCH better.

I go to bong and a memnber of woosh. This was a great time and we will be back. I just ordered a polecat. 5.5 Phoenix.

Last edited:
It important to say.. ESTES is committed to ROCKETRY! Estes will still help the new aspiring non rocketry pilots but with some cool lower dollar offerings.. BUT.... rockets are there focus!

Thank you

Grim

Back