What are you flying at Airfest?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm mostly coming to see the ginormous rockets and socialize, so I don't have any huge projects. I will be bringing a couple of 3-4 inch rockets with 38 or 54mm mounts though, just so I can put something up (I haven't flown in far, far too long). I considered bringing the Ultra Kraken with an N4100, but I don't want to risk my 98-6XL casing that close to BALLS, so it will have to wait until some other time.

Left too right will be J520 - L935 to K300 - M2500 - N10000 - N5800

airfest rockets2.JPG

airfest 3.jpg

Last edited:

WOW!!!!! and after all that you make her go barefoot! Get her some shoes atleast....

:) That is an impressive line up..

View attachment 94712

That is one sexy fleet! Can't wait to see these flight! I'm only bringing three rockets. My L1,2 and 3 certs. The motors will be an H225 for L1, K940 for L2 and M2200 skid :bangbang: for L3. It should be a fun time!

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 63

Nice lineup Jeff! Can't wait to see them fly.

My main project is one that should have flown last year:

arcas3_1.jpg

3" minimum diameter Arcas on an M840. Other than that I hope to fly a few test motors that I have been working on.

Chuck,
I have been wanting to see your Arcas go up. Hopefully the winds will be were you want them this year so you can get it off. Weather outlook looks favorable, knock on wood.

Hey Chuck.

I love your signature. LOL
Of course it wouldn't make any sence without the picture.
See you in Kansas.

Nice lineup Jeff! Can't wait to see them fly.

My main project is one that should have flown last year:

View attachment 94837

3" minimum diameter Arcas on an M840. Other than that I hope to fly a few test motors that I have been working on.

BEEP...BEEP...beep...beep BEEP...BEEP...beep...beep

Screw that! I would rather hear .....BEEP BEEP BEEP......BEEP BEEP BEEP.....

I guess I've gone down the same road as Gus.....

Chuck knows what I was referencing.

Manny, how can you post that "Sandford And Son's" looking fleet right after that nice sleek black carbon fleet before you......and no cute little lady in your pic either!!!

Good luck on all your flights.

Chuck knows what I was referencing.

Manny, how can you post that "Sandford And Son's" looking fleet right after that nice sleek black carbon fleet before you......and no cute little lady in your pic either!!!

Good luck on all your flights.

J, my rockets aren't finished yet, and I killed all of my carbon rockets. Second, my girlfriend was busy when I took that picture. When my fleet is finished, I'll make sure to add her in there, just for you ;) And no Crazy Jim, I'm talking about real, flesh and blood woman, not a playboy.......

Here is my "fleet" for Airfest.
Rocket Fleet.jpg

From Left to Right: Scratch built Wildcat (3X Semroc Laser-X), scratch built KC Chief, LOC IV, LOC Weasel, Aerotech Initiator (daughters rocket). I will also bring a few model rockets (Big Bertha, Estes Express, Starbase rocket). The Wildcat will be my L2 cert rocket flying on a J415.

Nice rocket Smitty! What motor are you going to fly this on?

Im flying the Mad Dog on a K1200, the Wildman Dual Deploy on a K740 C-Star, and the Wildman Jr will fly in a dragrace loaded with a J350 or J570 (we'll see) either way it should be cool. If I have any funds left and Sparkies are a go - I'd love to fly a 6 grain Skid in the Mad Dog.

Back