What are you drinking right now?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having some drinks for several friends tonight, gone too soon. Tripoli Vegas lost our prefect, Bernie Lucido, to covid and I lost another friend today who fought valiantly against a long-term illness.

Bernie stamped my L1 & L2 certs and was there for every one of my record-setting flights. He was a great mentor and an awesome person. He was fabulous at teaching my kids about rocketry and sharing in the excitement of our hobby. Just a few weeks ago, he lost his wife to covid. Laura was also an amazing person and was truly loved in the Vegas rocket community. If you didn't know them, you missed out.

Godspeed, friends.

It's 3:17am, and I'm trying not to fall asleep with this graveyard shift. 8 O'clock Italian Espresso half blended with New England hazelnut served black is about all that there is keeping me operational.

Looking forward to picking up a bottle of Speyburn 10 year old single malt scotch this weekend so I can finally proceed with this project: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/care-for-some-scotch.157850/

Last edited:
Black Coffee, Folger's from a 3lb tub brewed 5 hours ago with well water in a Mr. Coffee. Its 1 step better than truck stop coffee and a few better than whatever is in the hospital lobby.

5am: Bigelow Green Tea (Black with agave syrup)
8am: 15oz Java Monster Loca Mocha Energy Drink
10am to 4pm: 2-3 Sugar Free Gatorades + Bottled Water
6pm to 8pm: Jack Daniels Single Barrel (neat with Diet Coke Chaser)

Having some drinks for several friends tonight, gone too soon. Tripoli Vegas lost our prefect, Bernie Lucido, to covid and I lost another friend today who fought valiantly against a long-term illness.

Bernie stamped my L1 & L2 certs and was there for every one of my record-setting flights. He was a great mentor and an awesome person. He was fabulous at teaching my kids about rocketry and sharing in the excitement of our hobby. Just a few weeks ago, he lost his wife to covid. Laura was also an amazing person and was truly loved in the Vegas rocket community. If you didn't know them, you missed out.

Godspeed, friends.

That is a rough stretch, sorry for those you've lost.

Lemonade.

I do enjoy a cold beer some evenings. I prefer the dark Mexican Beers, especially Dos Equis. Another favorite is Shiner Bock, brewed in Texas for Texans.

K-Cup coffee. But only because I get for free. (No offence)
(But if a reader actually does work in the K-Cup supply chain, um ... just make it taste better.)

K-Cup coffee. But only because I get for free. (No offence)
(But if a reader actually does work in the K-Cup supply chain, um ... just make it taste better.)
Lots of coffee companies produce K-cups. Some are absolute crap and some are actually pretty good.

Lots of coffee companies produce K-cups. Some are absolute crap and some are actually pretty good.

One day, I’d like to do a blind taste test between an original coffee (say McDonald’s, which I like), and the K-cup version.

I think I could tell the difference but it could also be a concern I have about plastic containers and hence purely psychological.

Back