What are those eyeballs for?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Funkworks

I like rockets too!
Reaction score
Next to some threads, I see an eyeball 👁 and when I scroll over an eyeball, it says "thread watched".

I'm not "watching" any thread differently than other threads so I'm wondering who is. A moderator? Should I do something about it? Why are eyeballs telling me which threads are watched and which are not? Should I care? 🤔

neil_w

Doldrum dweller
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Watched threads are ones that you are "watching", which means that you will get some sort of notifications (depending on your settings) when those threads are updated. When viewing the thread, there's a watch/unwatch button on the right just above the top posting.
1626466238518.png

Typically, posting to a thread will automatically "watch" it, but that is settable in your account preferences.
1626466287477.png

lakeroadster

Lonewolf.... No Club
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Next to some threads, I see an eyeball 👁 and when I scroll over an eyeball, it says "thread watched".

I'm not "watching" any thread differently than other threads so I'm wondering who is. A moderator? Should I do something about it? Why are eyeballs telling me which threads are watched and which are not? Should I care? 🤔
It's the Government.. :questions:

Funkworks

I like rockets too!
Reaction score
Ok well I don't remember "watching" anything intentionnally, but now I can at least remove those I find.

Shoutout to them governements! 🕵️‍♂️👮‍♀️
I know they can watch too ... 👀

lakeroadster

Lonewolf.... No Club
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok well I don't remember "watching" anything intentionnally, but now I can at least remove those I find.

Shoutout to them governements! 🕵️‍♂️👮‍♀️
I know they can watch too ... 👀
I'm guessing they are bored by us... they're watching SpaceX and NASA too.