What are some good kits with rear ejection?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too late, the "Edit" option is gone. Seems like we only have a few days. Maybe a moderator can make the edit and I would allow it, but I can't do it myself. In any case, if anyone's going to use the list, the latest one is the only one that really matters.

Are you looking for kits that are still in production? Cuz some of those listed are OOP, like the Estes Gemini DC and Sunward's King Tut and Khufu's Pyramids.
Pros of rear eject are nose end comes down first, so if your fins are fragile or are of a vulnerable design and you have a plastic nose cone then the odds of landing damage are lessened.
Cons include limited space on smaller diameter rockets for the recovery package.
Also the Gemini DC has two chutes ejected from two pods by one ejection charge.
Ejection of both chutes on a flight is hit or miss. I'm batting .500
A current kit using rear eject that comes to mind is the Magma Mountains Bak Jai'Kai.
Laters.

Are you looking for kits that are still in production? Cuz some of those listed are OOP, like the Estes Gemini DC and Sunward's King Tut and Khufu's Pyramids.
Pros of rear eject are nose end comes down first, so if your fins are fragile or are of a vulnerable design and you have a plastic nose cone then the odds of landing damage are lessened.
Cons include limited space on smaller diameter rockets for the recovery package.
Also the Gemini DC has two chutes ejected from two pods by one ejection charge.
Ejection of both chutes on a flight is hit or miss. I'm batting .500
A current kit using rear eject that comes to mind is the Magma Mountains Bak Jai'Kai.
Laters.

My main goal is simply to be able to scratch-build my own stuff and I want rear ejection to be in my bag of tricks. So what I was looking for is at least one "cheap" or "interesting" (to me) kit to practice with, so that I don't need instructions when comes time for a future scratch-build. Having coincidentally found a Decafeinator, that should do for a while. Never knew about Magma Mountains, thanks.

Back