What a storm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A big dark storm just passed through here. Report of tornadoes ( :confused: ) and houses being damaged just north of here.

There are some power failures here and there. Cell phone service is spotty.

The storm is moving eastward and seems to cover a large area. Heavy rain last about 20 minutes or so.

A big dark storm just passed through here. Report of tornadoes ( :confused: ) and houses being damaged just north of here.

There are some power failures here and there. Cell phone service is spotty.

The storm is moving eastward and seems to cover a large area. Heavy rain last about 20 minutes or so.

Angelo, I got that same storm about 2 hours before you did.

Rain coming down in buckets!

It may have intensified as it passed over Lake Huron.

I think that might be leftovers from the front that went through here yesterday. A tornado touched down a few miles away. Lightning was so prevalent that I had plenty of time to get back to my apartment, grab my camera, and go for it.

It was quite an introduction to non-California weather for me!

090819_storm.jpg

I think that might be leftovers from the front that went through here yesterday. A tornado touched down a few miles away. Lightning was so prevalent that I had plenty of time to get back to my apartment, grab my camera, and go for it.

It was quite an introduction to non-California weather for me!

Nice photo!
LenB

We got hit pretty hard in eastern Pennsylvania - that's a big storm

We did? I'm 25 miles north of Philadelphia, and all I recall was a very slight, barely noticeable drizzle near 6:00 or 6:30 PM today.

We did? I'm 25 miles north of Philadelphia, and all I recall was a very slight, barely noticeable drizzle near 6:00 or 6:30 PM today.

There is more to eastern PA than Philadelphia -( probably lost Ed Rendell with that statement) I am in the Harrisburg - Lancaster area

Oh, makes more sense. Well we're supposed to get thunder storms for the next three days so...let's hope it's not as bad as what you guys up north got.

We got real lucky here in New England. If this front hadn't moved through, we would have been slammed by Hurricane Bill really bad.

We could have been hit with up to a Category 4 hurricane. And all the computer models said up until Wednesday it could hit anywhere between Southern NJ and Rhodes Island.

Any idea how much damage that would have caused? I don't think I can think in that high of numbers. But Katrina would have looked like a spring shower compared to it.

The Northeast has grown very complaisant because we haven't had a major hurricane in 23 years. Heck, when I was a kid, I remember going down to the beach with my dad and helping people get out 2-3 times a year. I am very afraid to see what would happen if we got one.

We have a severe thunderstorm warning on till 7 tonight here is western mass we'll see if it hits us or passes us by still sunny out right now but it could change fast.

The 7 or 8 tornadoes (yes tornadoes) did quite a bit if damage, but very localized.

Shingles, and in some cases, entire roof structures, were torn off. About 800 homes IIRC. So much damage, some homes may not get repaired for a few months as this is the busy time of the year for construction and due to the extent of the damage.

Scary.

Back