What a handy little tool!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
My wife got me this for Christmas...didn't even take it out of the package.

Looked like a toy...hmm, my wife bought me a toy tool, big deal:rolleyes: !

MAN!!! is this a handy little devil!

Uses two AAA batteries (INCLUDED!) Has a long phillips and flat screwdriver bits. Fits in the palm of your hand!

What a handy little devil to keep in the field box!

Got it at my local hardware store too!

The best part! On sale for $6!

I had to go buy an "extra" one!

sandman

That does look like a useful bit of kit.

Not so much from a rocketry point of view; but could save loads of hasstle when I'm working on the insides of a computer, or for changing 13A plugs on domestic lamps, so they'll plug into 15A sockets (for use on stage - I'm involved in Amature Dramatics). The normal powered screwdrivers are too unwieldy for these tasks.

I'm gonna be on the lookout for one of these!

Nah, I think the real reason you like it so much is so that you can keep that pesky screw that's always loose in your head tightened. :D I bet the wife is relieved! :D

I am big fan of handy gadgets and tiny tools a la Sharper Image. One of my personal favorites is the Swiss Army credit card multi-tool gadget. Then again, anything Swiss Army makes me happy.

Just curious, what all do you use hand tools for out on the range? Homebrew launchpad? Wire terminals on the launcher/controller?

Just curious, what all do you use hand tools for out on the range? Homebrew launchpad? Wire terminals on the launcher/controller?

Yep...all those things plus altimeters and other electronics.

You know...little stuff!

sandman

All right...enough about the new tool...what's with blue print it's laying on top of? Looks like a cone and transition. Could this be Sandman's subliminal advertising...luring us into his next project...HHHMMMMM:D

What say you?;)

All right...enough about the new tool...what's with blue print it's laying on top of? Looks like a cone and transition. Could this be Sandman's subliminal advertising...luring us into his next project...HHHMMMMM

John,

LOL!:D Ya caught me! These are projects for other people.

sandman

Back