What’s the coolest commercially produced controller?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

meyerovb

Reaction score
Looking to replace the stock quest micro maxx 9v gun controller. Read 12v should work fine so any standard controller should do. I saw those make your own videos with the covered switch and the big button, thought those would be fun. Wondering if there’s something ready made and affordable (ie> not the $250 Etsy one). I’ll need 2-3 of them to let my kids/their friends launch simultaneously.

neil_w

Hunkered down and slowly going crazy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
There are many out there. Dunno about "coolest", but the Estes Pro Series II controller is quite good. Works fine on 6 C batteries or you can stick a LiPo in there if you want to do a lot of clusters and that sort of thing. Lists for $39, can be had at a discount.

PXR5

Starship Hijacker
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
There are many out there. Dunno about "coolest", but the Estes Pro Series II controller is quite good. Works fine on 6 C batteries or you can stick a LiPo in there if you want to do a lot of clusters and that sort of thing. Lists for $39, can be had at a discount.
My wife just ordered it for me as a gift, looking forward to it.

I really wanted to build my own, but I have so much work around here that takes up all my time.

She knows me pretty well, I would have put off a chore or two to build one LOL

BEC

Reaction score
+1 to the Estes Pro Series II controller for all the reasons Neil mentions. It's what I use when I want to go flying by myself.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the Pratt Go Box. $44.95

You will need a 12 volt battery. It comes with either clips to attach to a 12 volt source OR a cigarette lighter that you can run off your car.