We're going back to the moon!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmcqueen

Reaction score
Found on page 2 of todays USA Today:

"President Bush will announce next week a program to retuyrn American astronauts to the moon to build a permanent base as preparation for a trip to Mars sometime after 2014."

That means that we'll see an American on the moon in the next 10 years! We got work to do...

Take a deep breath and hop over to the "Media hoax" thread where this is being discussed.

The Media Hoax thread didn't have "moon" in the title. I don't care about Mars, I want to live on the moon when I retire sometime in the 2040's.

I can't wait to see the spacecraft designs for the OSP and the CEV, the design picked for the OSP will determine what the CEV looks like, so it is an exciting decision. All I can say right now it BRING BACK THE CAPSULES!

didn't i bring this up a few weeks back...

and you know what this means... new ESTES model on the way!

I don't want to be a killjoy but isn't there some more urgent space matters at hand? Such as designing/building a new space shuttle and completing the ISS. I assume they will finish these matters before they get going to the moon and Mars.

I don't think that the rebuilding the space shuttle program is very important right now. It has been running, the space shuttle program in general, for over 20 years now. It's kinda stale now. I think that we should definately start manned, detailed explorations of the moon and Mars. Sure, we COULD do it with robots, but what is the fun in that?! Robot schmobot...let's get some people on Mars!

I agree with some of the statements posted in another thread about this same subject. I think that low Earth orbit should be left to the civilian market, because there are definately companies and individuals out there that have the skills and resources to put satellites and stuff in orbit. The Sea-Launch company comes to mind immediately.

Jason

Back