Went Whale Watching Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcorinth

Reaction score
Today I went on my first ocean-going vessel, about 30 miles or more out of Gloucester, MA, to do some whale watching.

It was amazing. The sky was beautiful blue with majestic clouds. We saw two humpback whales, at least one minke whale in the distance, and three basking sharks. And someone caught sight of a fin whale.

Whenever I have a new experience, I can still feel the sensations of it hours later. I thought I was dizzy just now, like something was wrong with me, but I realized I am just feeling the waves.

I loved being out on the water. I gotta get out on a boat again. It was great. Off about 30 miles or more in the distance, we caught a glimpse of Boston. Then all land disappeared and it was all ocean.

I'll have to upload a few pics tomorrow. I have to work early and should get to bed. The sun and wind have made me really tired.

Here's one preview:

DSCN4734.jpg

Mrs. N00b and I are definitely going again!

Awesome! We just went a couple weeks ago in Moss Landing. We only went about 2 miles out. They were just outside the harbor.

Don't close your eyes in the shower tonight. :wink:

Whenever I have a new experience, I can still feel the sensations of it hours later. I thought I was dizzy just now, like something was wrong with me, but I realized I am just feeling the waves.

Back