Well this is odd

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In deed it is!
I saw it last night but didn't look at it cause it looked like garbage. AND STILL DOES!
didn't see the price either WOW!!
what does he think he has there ???

:eyeroll: Maybe if he put $5 worth of paint on it he'd have a $1500 rocket :eyeroll:

Views of this listing went from 58 this morning to 105 since I posted this. Apparently, sex does sell! Or maybe it was raising the price? Who knows? And frankly, who cares!

:rofl:

Ted, you slay me.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Views of this listing went from 58 this morning to 105 since I posted this. Apparently, sex does sell! Or maybe it was raising the price? Who knows? And frankly, who cares!

:rofl:

I'd go with the cheerleaders being the main attraction... :)

Later! OL JR :)

For my son it was the Baby Ruth in the payload that attracted him. He nearly killed himself running through thigh-high/waist-high (for him) grass to get the candy bar prize. I have no idea how, but he found it though. I think I will put a candy bar in all my rockets, won't have to chase them ever again.

For my son it was the Baby Ruth in the payload that attracted him. He nearly killed himself running through thigh-high/waist-high (for him) grass to get the candy bar prize. I have no idea how, but he found it though. I think I will put a candy bar in all my rockets, won't have to chase them ever again.

That was your boy? That's terrific! And I'll bet he grows up with a healthy sense of humor thanks to his pop. Next launch, I'll make it a Payday!

188 page views as of 9:50 PM CDT and still no bids. Looks like I may have to raise my price again! :facepalm:

This is odd too, NAR seems to think my name has changed. Or maybe the email man just got the boxes mixed up, guess that happens from time to time.

image.jpg

That was your boy? That's terrific! And I'll bet he grows up with a healthy sense of humor thanks to his pop. Next launch, I'll make it a Payday!

Yes, that was my 5 year old, Wesley. Before this weekends launch got cancelled by wind he asked me if I thought the "Candy Bar Rocket" was going to fly again. As for sense of humor, he has it in spades, you'd have to be able to laugh with me as a father.

188 page views as of 9:50 PM CDT and still no bids. Looks like I may have to raise my price again! :facepalm:

Is that your rocket?

If so I read your description and when I'm finished there will be 45 in existence and a mass production in the works if you sell it for $50!!!

Yes, that was my 5 year old, Wesley. Before this weekends launch got cancelled by wind he asked me if I thought the "Candy Bar Rocket" was going to fly again. As for sense of humor, he has it in spades, you'd have to be able to laugh with me as a father.

Ask Wesley what his favorite candy bar is so I can put one into the payload bay for the next launch in Frisco on July 19th or the following week at Gunter. Looks like Wesley pulled the plug on my Ebay offer! I mean, how can I turn down a kid who thinks the Baby Ruther is cool?

Because of the underwhelming response to my Baby Ruther PVC Rocket I have decided not to extend its listing. I debated with my self on raising the "Buy it Now" price to $15,000 but after a sleepless night came to the conclusion that I could not live with myself, even if such an act would stimulate a bidding frenzy. Besides, there's a little boy in Garland, Texas who wants to see her fly again and duty calls.

I hope you bargain hunters out there somewhere prowling the Internet aren't too disappointed. It's a cruel world.

Because of the underwhelming response to my Baby Ruther PVC Rocket I have decided not to extend its listing. I debated with my self on raising the "Buy it Now" price to $15,000 but after a sleepless night came to the conclusion that I could not live with myself, even if such an act would stimulate a bidding frenzy. Besides, there's a little boy in Garland, Texas who wants to see her fly again and duty calls.

I hope you bargain hunters out there somewhere prowling the Internet aren't too disappointed. It's a cruel world.

That's what you need for a nosecone...

My mawmaw used to have a little figurine-- it was a toilet with a fellow's head and shoulders sticking up out of the bowl and he was pulling the flush lever... the caption at the bottom was "Goodbye, cruel world!"...

Might increase sales (that or more cheerleaders couldn't hurt either... )

Later! OL JR :)

Very nice of you. I'm sure Wesley will be excited to get another go a it. This is another in the rapidly growing list of "good things rocket folk do for each other". Can't say enough how much I appreciate the way people have treated my kids over the last couple years. As for his favorite candy bar, it's the one he can get his hands on...even better if it's laying in a field with a parachute attached apparently.

This is odd too, NAR seems to think my name has changed. Or maybe the email man just got the boxes mixed up, guess that happens from time to time.

Same thing happened to me after I signed my son up for a junior NAR membership. I used the same email address for him as for me, now all the eRocketer newsletters come to my email address addressed to him.

The Baby Ruther was flown again at the DARS launch near Gunter, Texas this past Saturday. And once again, Wesley retrieved the payload section for me. Unfortunately. the parachute for the booster section did not deploy properly, no doubt because I packed it too tightly. This error on my part resulted in a spectacular core sample of north Texas clay about 3 inches into the body tube and a ground penetration of about 8 inches, but there was no discernible damage to the rocket other than some scuff marks on the Texas Tech decal.

The crowd loved it, and I received a running ovation. Other than that, a perfect flight on an AT G76-4 Mohave Green motor. I made a decent video which I will post on YouTube in the near future. Wesley is now my designated retriever, at least as long as I can keep him in candy bars. :wink:

IMG_0919.jpg

And here [video=youtube;OSSM2WKQgfc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSSM2WKQgfc[/video] is Wesley in hot pursuit of his reward!

Thanks again, Ted. Wesley really does look forward to chasing that rocket, and eating the candy bar of course. One of these times his little brother is going to go afterit too, and the little dude fights dirty. It will be rocket launch and tiny gladiatoral combat.

Thanks again, Ted. Wesley really does look forward to chasing that rocket, and eating the candy bar of course. One of these times his little brother is going to go afterit too, and the little dude fights dirty. It will be rocket launch and tiny gladiatoral combat.

Ah... "Celebrity Death Match" on the rocket range...

How touching... LOL:) Later! OL JR :)

Back