Well, Thats one way to end the year

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
30041644633_a42730f4c0_b.jpg

someone was concerned about nozzles falling in... totally normal....well during this.

30639470516_d4da8f8d37_z.jpg

I've got 3 optimas, exactly the same save the MMT. 29, 38, 29x2. same harness, hell it was still warm from flying in the 38 today. The dual keeps jamming up.

First run was a top flight chute and paracord. Chute and cord tangled and never made it out.
This month I took the 15' of half inch TN and a 3 foot rocket man out of an identical rocket with a 38 mount, put it in this one, and it jammed itself.

Ouch. I guess that's a testament to the strength of blue tube. Rather pop a fin than crumple.

Interesting as to why the 2x29 would have deployment issues. Could it still be a fluke or is there something more to it?

It winds up being a loose pack of the cord and chute due to the length of the tube. The 29/40-120 F52s just seem to jam the pile of cord and chute up. The other ones have flown on F52s, but I may have lucked out on those flights.

Plan an is simply better packing of components, possibly thinner cord, and augmented charges.

Back