Well, That Was Not Fun...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So, I may have been a bit quiet over the last few days. My internet access at my apartment went out on Friday (I didn't discover it until I was home after work). I suspected the usual, so I did the usual steps to recover. But being a weekend, I had to work, so I was very limited in what I could do. Didn't help I was ill again (something I ate).

Over the weekend, I tried to:
Uninstall VPN... Restart... No dice.
Reset Router... No Joy.
Unplugged router (all cables), and then plugged it in again... Any guesses? If you guessed "No Internet" you're correct.

My backup computer had already had problems, so it wasn't any help. I had been planning on taking it in except for the weather (you try bicycling on "glossy ice" in Chinese traffic with a computer and you'll see what I mean), time, and finances.
My phone is maxed out, and won't update... I can't access much on it anywhere, let alone home.
Found the Windows Restore... Nope, no good.

Yesterday, cleaned like crazy then took the computer into the shop. Had internet access there.
Backup computer backed up, then formatted and reinstalled... Had access there.
Come home. Nothing.

Finally my apartment (M*A*S*H has "The Swamp"... I have "The Crater") was in presentable state (my apartment is more like a condo... My landlord is the owner of the unit, and often comes over when I have issues). Called him up... Tried all the resets again.
Nope.

He contacted the ISP, they sent someone over... 20 minutes later, I'm up and going again.

Landlord didn't come over... And the mess is beginning to start again. BUT!!! I have taken steps to get a new (smaller) bed (actually a bunk bed) which will ease the clutter considerably (I will be actually able to walk around it, access all of the storage under it (instead of only 1/4 of it), and have the upper bunk for mass storage).

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Last edited:
Back