well lol

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
well i got bored so i finished my mean machine... anyone think of an engine upgrade i should smack on the thing after a few launches?

Rabid...I am not sure how much of an engine upgrade you want to put on it as the model is not all that sturdy. the mfgr gives it engine ratings for a reason. What you may wish to do instead is design a new rocket with an interchangable motor mount so you could run a single 29mm, single 24mm, 3 and 4 cluster of 18mm, 2 or 3 cluster of 24mm motors, etc... You could make it for a drop in style motor mount and have fun while designing it.

It would give you a large variety of things to do and should keep you busy for quite a while.

Carl

Rabid,
EMRR has a number of mod reviews on the mean machine

https://www.rocketreviews.com/cgi-bin/search/searchall.cgi?mean+machine

and I remember a recient long thread here about modding the mean machine but I can't seem to find it thru the search function

It's funny I have bought 3 mean machines but always end up using the parts for something else. I never manage to stick with it and just build one!

welcome to the forum BTW

lol its hard giving you can easily make 4 rockets outta it...

i think im also gonna make my 3 cluster rocket into a big bertha... ive been thinkin of it... i just gotta see the measurements so i can get a good scale...

Not sure what your planning to fly it on, but a plain old Estes E9 makes for a nice flight in a Mean Machine. Love those long burns.

slim

Back