Well here she is....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loojack

Reaction score
Hello, Everyone, I'm Gary also loojack. I guess I'm a BAR. The story is the same one that's been told a thousand times... 12 yrs old a copy of Estes 1966 catalog....
This is my first attempt at scratch building. It's Peter Alway's Simplified Vostok in 1/100 scale. I hope in some small way I did it justice. I downloaded the plans and shroud templates from the internet, printed and practiced rolling them until I was happy with the results. The model was painted with Krylon flat white and Krylon ULTRA-FLAT Camouflage Olive Drab #8143, from the local ACE Hdwe store. I still need to add the inter stage struts and do some touch painting. Overall it was alot of fun to build! Any suggestions will be appreciated! Oh, by the way it looks better in the pic .. Thanks...loojack

Welcome to the forum........ I too saw the pic in the Area 51 section...... Great looking rocket...... It seems like your "attachment" worked ok, but the other did not........

Thanks! I think the vacuum cleaner in the back ground is a nice touch! BTW I wasn't hitting the "enter" button!... loojack

Very nice,

Tough scale project for yer first.

Any more?

sandman

nice job! that is some nice work.

I have had the Peter Alway Vostok plans on my bench for some time now but to be honest i have been intimidated by all the shroud work. Your Vostok is inspiration for me - time to get brave and tackle this one.
I am currently working on Peter's Saturn 1 - once that one's done it's Vostok time!

Thanks for all the kind words! Steve, It's not all that hard to do. While setting the printer to get a 1"squares I got several sheets to pracitce with. A small diameter brass rod or tube helps alot. I have been thinking of trying Peter's Saturn 1 as a next project. Thanks again, loojack

Back