Quantcast

Welcome the new Moderators...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
Due to the forum growing by leaps and bounds, and a few changes in the lives of our current moderators we decided to add a few new moderators.

Everyone please welcome Bowhunter and Eugene to the mod family. :)

Bowhunter - has been a mod without the title for a while. Oversite or strategic omission. "I do not recall senator." hehehehe, seriously he now finally gets the title. :)

Eugene - has contributed so much to the forum as well as seems to be so obsessed that we just had to give him more responsibility. Sucker!!!! :)

So, congratulations guys. Welcome to the weary world of TRF moderation. :)

powderburner

Reaction score
What's that they say in the army, "Never volunteer for anything" or something like that?

Guys, thanks ahead of time for all the work that you are going to do. It is (will be) much appreciated!

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Howdeeee newbies. Congrats I guess :) TRF runs so smoothly I doubt I'll notice a difference.

jflis

Reaction score
congrats guys!

Condolences guys!

:D

slim_t

Reaction score
Originally posted by jflis
congrats guys!

Condolences guys!

:D
Ditto.
Seriously, thanks to all the mods. I tried going to RMR once and just read 1 thread, and it was enough to keep me from going back. On the other hand, I come to TRF daily. It's like an addiction.
So the mods must be doing something right. Thanks again.

Tim

jetra2

Reaction score
LOL Jim...good stuff!

Congrats to the guys that probably deserve it most.

You lucky sonuvabeeches! LOL :)

Have fun!

Jason

Juaru

Reaction score
Congratulations guys.

I'm going to start cussing in every other one of my posts just to keep you on your toes!

-John A

KermieD

Reaction score
'Grats guys.

I agree with jetra though. I feel very lucky to get to moderate around here. Contrary to a lot of the talk going around lately, I have always felt very appreciated for the work I put in here, both from the other mods and from the membership at large, even when I've made a bad call from time to time. It's usually not as much work as everyone thinks, as we generally have a very positive and pleasant membership base here. That being said, you can't grow to this size without a couple of bad apples, but we won't let them spoil the barrel, will we?

One thing Eugene commented on that was interesting: He was surprised at the amount of discussion that ensued before pulling a thread from the public forums (we have 'em archived, so don't think you're off the hook!! ;)). I guess we all thought that went without saying. We put a lot of thought into what gets pulled, particularly when it's on the borderline. Sometimes our discussions get rather heated as well when we discuss. We always try to err on the side of leaving stuff in. Just thought y'all might like to know that it's not a knee-jerk reaction when it does happen.

So, welcome aboard Eugene and Bowhunter! I'm sure you'll find moderating here a (mostly) enjoyable experience.

astronboy

Reaction score
I just want to say 'Thanks' to all of the mods... new and 'old'. I mean, ahem, 'experienced'?

I have a great time on this froum. It is a great place to discuss all areas of model rocketry, without the flame wars, off topic threads, presonal vendettas, and general chaos of some of the other rocket newsgroups.

Thanks!!

Phred

cydermaster

Reaction score
Bowhunter - I think this is a good time to say a big thank you for setting up the chat room. A few of us Brits make very good use of it on Saturday nights (our time). I regularly get drunk chatting with Karl, WiK, Hokky, Mike & that. Its like having a 'virfual' rocketry-related-theme-pub, in cyberspace (or is that cyderspace?). :D

arthur dent

Reaction score
"you are the mods,you are the mods,you are,you are,you are the mods"

quadraphenia-the who:)

cls

Reaction score
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..."

oops, sorry, wrong forum. been spending too much time on slashdot.

KermieD

Reaction score
Originally posted by astronboy
I just want to say 'Thanks' to all of the mods... new and 'old'. I mean, ahem, 'experienced'?
Ken's old. The rest of us are experienced.

Stymye

Reaction score
great news.! does this mean you can add a new category

fexmple, scale or a tech talk category?

eugenefl

Reaction score
Originally posted by KermieD
Ken's old. The rest of us are experienced.
Or, if you look at it my way, take any of your ages and divide by 2 and you get my age! :D I guess I am the youngest moderator! ;)

lalligood

Reaction score
Originally posted by eugenefl
Or, if you look at it my way, take any of your ages and divide by 2 and you get my age! :D I guess I am the youngest moderator! ;)
To be proud about being the youngest is one thing, but to FLAUNT it is plain st00pid :rolleyes: :kill:

haha Good luck to our new (& resident) moderators. Thank you for making this such a fun, safe & educational site :D

Latest posts