Weekly Coupon Alert 9/17-9/23

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
This is a good one . . .

Let's start with the big winner:

Michaels

50% off coupon - good all week (don't tell my wife I took this one)

H.L.

40% off coupon & Createx Air Brush Paint $1.99 (reg. 2.99)

Oh great, now you post this;) I just got back from HL a couple of hours ago, right along with a few bottles of Createx AB paint. Oh well, maybe they'll restock by Monday.

Originally posted by astrowolf67
Oh great, now you post this;)

Sorry, you're right . . . I'm being very inconsiderate not posting the upcoming Sunday sale ads earlier - than Friday night. :D

I'll ge right on it and see if we can't them on Wednesday or Thursday night (he says with complete sarcasim).;)

Originally posted by akpilot
Sorry, you're right . . . I'm being very inconsiderate not posting the upcoming Sunday sale ads earlier - than Friday night. :D

I'll ge right on it and see if we can't them on Wednesday or Thursday night (he says with complete sarcasim).;)

The reason you get the ads before all the rest of us is to balance out the fact that you get your Sport Rocketry after all the rest of us. :rolleyes: ;)

This is a good one . . .

Let's start with the big winner:

Michaels

50% off coupon - good all week (don't tell my wife I took this one)
Was the Michael's ad in today's paper, or was it from this past Sunday?

Originally posted by BobH48
The reason you get the ads before all the rest of us is to balance out the fact that you get your Sport Rocketry after all the rest of us. :rolleyes: ;)

Oh, that was a low blow . . .:p I'm taking care of that with this year's subscription though.:D

Was the Michael's ad in today's paper, or was it from this past Sunday?

Oh Grasshopper, so much to learn . . . It'll be in this, upcoming, Sunday's paper.

Originally posted by paulk
Can you say "Blast Off Pack"? :)
That's what I used my 50% off coupon for back on Labor Day!

The added bonus was.....my blast off pack came with 25 engines instead of 24!

Oh Grasshopper, so much to learn . . . It'll be in this, upcoming, Sunday's paper.
Sorry. I didn't know you were privy to upcoming ads before they were released.

Originally posted by Ltvscout
Sorry. I didn't know you were privy to upcoming ads before they were released.

Not really privy - just my deliver person, for whatever reason, delivers the Sunday ads typically on Friday night. Who knows why? I just think everyone can benefit.

There's been an interesting "twist" today at a H.L. near me. I won't double-post the details, but check under the "Vendor" thread under "H.L. Dropping Quest".

For some, it may well be worth the effort . . .

Made good use of mine. Ended up with 4 Michaels coupons! Got 3 blast off packs and a Blue Ninja for my Son to replace his after a rough landing.

Our local Michaels in Lafayette dosen't have any rocket stuff at all so since I needed to go to Indy for work related training, I worked visits to 3 Michaels and 2 Hobby Lobbys in. Really went over my rocket budget this week!

One interesting note. At the first Michaels they had two blast off packs. The kid at the register seemed a little bit interested in rockets and I mentioned I was buying these for a upcomming Cub Scout launch and could I use another coupon to buy the second pack to which he said sure but I would have to sign a paper.

When I got back to the register with the second pack I found out he thought I didn't have another coupon and was going to have me sign the paper with the excuse of "forgot at home" and get the 50% off without having it. Looks like it may be a loophole in their system.

Got four coupons this past week. And here's what we've ended up with:

1) Xyron sticker maker
2) a plastic killer whale (mommy)
3) a plastic killer whale (baby)
4) a plastic dolphin (mommy)

I must be getting soft . . . my wife and daughter really, really, love me this week.

One other thing I found while at HL last night, that I didn't realize was on sale, is the self healing cutting mats. They are 30% off, as part of the drafting supplies sale. I was looking at them last night, and the lady that normally stocks the hobby/ art section pointed out that they were included. So, I picked up the 18x24 inch one.

Originally posted by astrowolf67
One other thing I found while at HL last night, that I didn't realize was on sale, is the self healing cutting mats. They are 30% off, as part of the drafting supplies sale. I was looking at them last night, and the lady that normally stocks the hobby/ art section pointed out that they were included. So, I picked up the 18x24 inch one.
All these great Hobby Lobby sales all the time, and we don't have one in Milwaukee. :(

Back