website that makes fin guides to print out?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mperegrinefalcon

Reaction score
Hey peeps,
What is the website that you can plug in what you need for a fin guide and it makes a template for you to print and cut out?

For some reason, I've had a tough time making the new fin guide utility work. When it was on an older site, it worked fine. The new site gives me very strange printouts: some too large, some too small, others that aren't to scale... It's been frustrating trying to create templates with payloadbay.com... :-(

I suspect that you printed them to fit to page instead of actual size. Three guesses on how I know this.

Last edited:
For some reason, I've had a tough time making the new fin guide utility work. When it was on an older site, it worked fine. The new site gives me very strange printouts: some too large, some too small, others that aren't to scale... It's been frustrating trying to create templates with payloadbay.com... :-(

There is no new site and the code for the templates has not changed for many years except for minor updates when PHP is updated.

I apologise that I have never had time to write a good article on how to make sure that they print the right size.

Basically you need to tell your printer not to scale the image when it prints.

The challenge is that different printer makers offer different print options and their defaults are different. So it may take some experimenting to find the right settings.

I use the print option in Open Rocket to print mine out. Found if I save the PDF to a file then open with Adobe reader the scaling problems went away.
Steve

I've been able to make it work after screwing around with this and that, but it's just not like it used to be was my point.

Back