Web Site For Totally Tubular?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not a lib

Reaction score
Is the TOTALLY TUBULAR web site still running? I can't seem to get it!
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

Originally posted by not a lib
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

The main site was hard to reach, but I've been able to find it and order using www.wooshrocketry.org/misc/tt.htm

However, I can't even reach that now except in cached pages.

Very strange, indeed.
A few days ago, my bookmark (the same as DynaSoar's) worked just fine, but now nothing happens.
I just really needed a couple of inexpensive items and figured I'd think of more stuff I could use to justify the shipping.
I hope the problem is not with the business, as he does have a wide selection.
By the way DynaSoar, have your orders been filled acceptably?

Atticus

Originally posted by ATTICUS
Very strange, indeed.
A few days ago, my bookmark (the same as DynaSoar's) worked just fine, but now nothing happens.
I just really needed a couple of inexpensive items and figured I'd think of more stuff I could use to justify the shipping.
I hope the problem is not with the business, as he does have a wide selection.
By the way DynaSoar, have your orders been filled acceptably?

Atticus

The first one took longer than expected (2-3 weeks; his doing) and arrived with one crimped full length tube (USPS's fault). I needed one to cut up into motor tubes anyway, so I ordered a replacement and some other stuff and got it promptly (5 days). I needed a short piece of BT70 and asked if he had a scrap to sell. He gave it to me. I'd say it evens out to at least acceptable.

I hope he sticks around. Nobody else has full length foil lined tubes.

My two experiences were good. One was a large club order. Besides 3 - 4 long lead items that he identified in advance, it came promptly (IIRC a week or so?). No charges until the whole order was here. A couple of tubes were damaged but he included extra items up front.

I then placed a small order for myself only, and it was delivered promptly also.

Originally posted by not a lib
Any help would be great!
Thanks!
We (WOOSH) host the site for Totally Tubular. Unfortunately, it's been down this past week. It should be back up sometime this weekend.

Originally posted by DynaSoar

I hope he sticks around. Nobody else has full length foil lined tubes.

In 24mm? BMS now does.

I have been threatening to put together a group order for several months. I can add you to the list.

Bill

Thanks for the help every one! I also needed a few items & he is always fair on shipping small orders! It seems to take me about 2 week every time to get the items but they get here fine. Hope the site works this weekend!

Originally posted by Bill
In 24mm? BMS now does.

I have been threatening to put together a group order for several months. I can add you to the list.

Bill

BMS has foil lined? I knew about heavy walled, but this is different.

After the last two orders I've got plenty for now. This is just the right stuff for my cluster-airframe birds. Now if only someone would carry it in 29mm.

Jim at Totally Tubular will be around for a LONG time...don't worry about that.

For his regular job, he and I are in the same business basically. He and I are in the theater lighting business and this is a crazy time of the year for the both of us. (BTW we don't work together.)

Fall school plays, Christmas shows, and the end of the year schedules for closing out jobs.

Jim is a manufacturer and has a good sized company with quite a few employees. The tube business is a "sideline" job.

So try to understand we get really busy this time of the year.

(That was a joke---get it? "totally" tubular? "totally" understand? OK, enough of that. Moving on . . )

I think everyone understands someone having to take care of their 'real' work first. When a vendor's website goes down we just get a little nervous. We don't want to lose a great vendor like Totally Tubular!

Back