Web Design

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering how many of you are into web design here. I'm looking for a new web desing program which is under 150$. What do you use and what do you consider its pro's/con's to be?

Woo! 200 posts :)

Phil

I use Microsoft Notepad. It is free... comes with every version of Windows.

Get yourself an excellent book about the subject. My favorite is HTML for the World Wide Web . Great book. Go through it front to back, and you will have an awesome website in no time :)

That is the book I used to create my website :)

Frontpage for very basic work, easy to use and if you know any of the MS office products, you can pretty much use it out of the box.

Dreamweaver is my tool of choice. Lots of power, easy to use and supports many higher end development techniques such as DHTML.

good tool

Originally posted by jflis

Dreamweaver is my tool of choice. Lots of power, easy to use and supports many higher end development techniques such as DHTML.

good tool

True, Dreamweaver is a very nice program, bit its a bit pricey though :eek:

Phil

Cold Fusion Developer is my tool of choice. Sure, its a bit overkill for simple HTML coding, but then, so is an H238 in a LOC Aura.

<--uses Trellix for Web - Publish Anywhere Edition.

It's the best WYSIWYG editor available...period.

Plain ol' Netscape Communicator Composer is a good WYSIWYG editor, and it is free! Although in my opinion 4.7 is better than the most recent release.

shrox

Originally posted by shrox
Plain ol' Netscape Communicator Composer is a good WYSIWYG editor, and it is free! Although in my opinion 4.7 is better than the most recent release.

shrox

aka Mozilla Composer. :D That's pretty much what I use at work to update our Intranet pages.

We use Microsoft Interdev...but then again, it's a full blown asp web application. I like Doug's suggestion of learning HTML and writing it in Notepad...

Loopy

Back