weather in New England

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, yea, yea, we ALL have the weirdest weather, and if you don't like it, wait a few minutes and it'll change... ...i know... :D

Well, we've had a belly full these past few days. Not *bad*, not "good", just weird...

Sunday, highs in the high 40's

Yesterday the highs were in the low 20's...

today, hovering near freezing with rain (ice store - see attached pix)

tomorrow, highs in the mid-50's

"indian summer" nothin'!, this is a freekin "yo-yo" convention! LOL

oh man, tell me about it. i thought it was july the other day. i woke up thismorning only to find my windows were encased in ice, and the roads were white. ahh, new england.

Know what ya mean. Had freezing rain in Ottawa. Went from hail to rain to freezing rain in 10 minutes!

Sounds like you got it worse in New England

lol, well, the other night it started out like 45-50 degrees, and within 4 hours, i was on my way home and i saw the temp, it read 27 degrees...what is that?!?!?!? comeon! i wanted to smack the thing. whatever....we get this every year. a couple years ago, when i was in driving school, i took a driving lesson on like december 12th, that day it was 60 degrees....in december in new england. i saw motorcycles driving around...ahh new england. good seafood, bad weather.

It's been like this all fall here in Illinois. My daughter was picking dandelions in late November.

I cleared out my flowerbeds the other day and found new growth at the base of the mums and some petunias that were buried in leaves which were ready to bloom. It snowed the next day and put and end to all that. We just had two more balmy days and now it's cold again so maybe I'd better check the crocuses. ;)

it's been teetering between 30 and 55 for a while now but today .......crazy- it hit 70 ! not your typical December weather even in these parts...!

Originally posted by jflis
Sunday, highs in the high 40's

Yesterday the highs were in the low 20's...

today, hovering near freezing with rain (ice store - see attached pix)

tomorrow, highs in the mid-50's

"indian summer" nothin'!, this is a freekin "yo-yo" convention! LOL

"I've been thinking lately about what I'm missing in the city."

I left the back door open last night after letting the cats out.
A mosquito flew in. It's December.
I don't think we're in Connecticut anymore, Toto.
I'm liking Texas.

"Well, I'm not missing a thing.
Watching the full moon crossing the range
Riding the storm out ... "

well, down here in Alabama, we've been flooded with rain. roads have been covered in water and ditches were overflowing. Now, it's a beautiful day outside and majority of the rain is dried up. The temperature has been crazy too. One day, we have a freeze warning and there's frost on my windshield, and then the next day I can wear short sleeves. It's been crazy.

well yesterday was a challange for us truckdrivers in new england coastline as it was 10 degrees warmer in the view of the ocean than just five miles inland wich made for some interesting work, ice and snow at the pickup end and just rain at the delivery what a pain then I got up to Dover NH and it was iced in pretty good.
If you don't like the weather just move east five miles is what it should be :kill:

Nice picture Jim thanks for the reminder:eek:

We have about an inch thick layer of frozen ice/snow thats so hard I can walk on it without breaking through! The dog loves it, though! :D See attatchment.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
I'm liking Texas.

[/B]

A mosquito I can handle. We are all sick of these pesky Aisian ladybugs here. We're still finding occasional live ones around the house and when it warms up a little they're active again outside.

Originally posted by Pippen
A mosquito I can handle. We are all sick of these pesky Aisian ladybugs here. We're still finding occasional live ones around the house and when it warms up a little they're active again outside.

mosquito's...

...Aisian ladybugs....

geeze people!

we'z gots Moose

swat one of those, why'don't'cha :D

it's when the moose start to fly that I leave the area... LOL

Originally posted by DynaSoar
"I've been thinking lately about what I'm missing in the city."

I'm liking Texas.

"Well, I'm not missing a thing.
Watching the full moon crossing the range
Riding the storm out ... "

Wait'll you live here for a whole summer. It's hot.

But I like the winters in Houston a lot better than the ones in Missouri, where I moved here from in 1992.

Nice REO Speedwagon quotes, btw.

Originally posted by JRThro
Wait'll you live here for a whole summer. It's hot.

But I like the winters in Houston a lot better than the ones in Missouri, where I moved here from in 1992.

Nice REO Speedwagon quotes, btw.

I was in St. Louis the last few days, where it was nice and (relatively) cold. Then I flew back to Dallas this afternoon and it was about 70 degrees and sunny when I got to my truck.

I miss "real" winter. :(

Here in Phoenix, this wet stuff was falling out of the sky for FOUR WHOLE DAYS. What's up with that?

Originally posted by Pippen

We lived in a cabin in Appalachia right in the middle of a swarming path for those little boogers heading down the mountain. You had to keep your mouth closed when you went outside during their week or so, otherwise you'd catch one. The window sills had to be vacuumed out.

Originally posted by jflis
mosquito's...

...Aisian ladybugs....

geeze people!

we'z gots Moose

swat one of those, why'don't'cha :D

it's when the moose start to fly that I leave the area... LOL

LOL, you sound just like my brother. He lives in the mountains of Colorado and when he goes camping very often there are bears wandering through or around their campsite. When we go camping we have to open up the pop-up camper when we get home to vacuum out hundreds of ladybugs. Do you have these little nippers up there yet? They are *not* the nice little ladybugs of our childhood.

I just returned from Walmart and I saw people in tank tops and shorts (didn't think it was quite that warm). I even saw a lady shopping in fuzzy pink slippers but I don't think we can attribute that to the weather...

Back