Weather... Go.... Controllers... go.... rockets... go...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
parents driving me there.... Iffy. If that problem can be resolved, WERE GO FOR LAUNCH! The temps are supposed to be in the 40s this weekend, so I am planning on launching a few birds. Im super-exited... I am going to dig out my flyin suacers, and some high altitude rockets as well.... I have so many of those stupid things, and I really want to see a good flight. I think I will try out my 24MM IQSY Tomahawk on a D12-3! WHOOOOSH! And I will be taking videos/pics with the new digital camera!!!!:cool: I wish I had a longer controller, I could fly it on an E9-8! Or, if I had a more powerfull controller, I could fly a short little mach buster on an E27 to way over mach! But no, I only have a few Estes controllers... Woe is me... But I can still launch Ds! And I plan on taking full advantage of that! And my aunt will be visiting, so she might come watch.... THis will be a day to remember!:D Oh, and I have a Fliskits "caution, rocket launch in progress" rocket I plan on flying... I only have a few 18MM motors left, so I gotta be carefull! :( I cant waste too many! But I DO plan on flying a D in a flyin saucer....:D

Whopsies... This shoulda gone in the "events" forum, shouldent it? what a night I am having... I go overboard to get to 1K posts, I forget where to post....:rolleyes: :eek: Its time to go to bed, I can tell....

Oh shush;) I dont go to the events forum very often (if at all), so I forgot about it...:eek:

O... Wait... Har har:mad: ;) :rolleyes: now I get it:kill:

Launched today! The first flight was a stretched Gnome. It flew fine, but the cone stuck and lawn-darted. No damage. Second flight: Unnamed rocket, B6-4 flew fine, recoverd. Third flight: OUCH. My wombat-clone went ballistic and rammed into the groud at goodness knows how much speed. Sandmans buitiful cone was smashed in...:( fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh flights: my stretched mosquito. revoverd every time, miraculously. Then 3 flying saucer flights on As and Bs, and then a tall rocket on a B6-4. Then a streamer recoverd rocket on a B6-4. Landed in a tall tree. Unrevoverable. THen an alpha 3 on a B6-4. same story as before. Lost in tree. heres some pics!

Heres a pic of my flyin saucer on an A3-4T.

Heres a pic of the remains of my Wombat. OUCH.

Thats all I got, srry. All the other ones were going to fast to get...

The stupid wing nut on my Estes pad is stripped. My dad wasnt too pleased with Estes... he said that they "should be ashamed at themselves for selling this junk". A little overboard, but you get the point... So he is going to buy a REAL wingnut at the hardware store next time hes there. That will fix the problem. But to fix the problem for then, he took a pair of old vice-grips, clamped em onto the end of the launch rod, kicked out a bit of snow, inserted the vice grips and the end of the launch rod into the snow, put more snow on top and kicked it flat. Then we slid an old flowerpot over the rod for the blast deflector, and started flying! very resoursfull if you ask me.... It worked, too! So the "pad" is sitting in a snowbank, yes.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Neil
Launched today! The first flight was a stretched Gnome. It flew fine, but the cone stuck and lawn-darted. No damage. Second flight: Unnamed rocket, B6-4 flew fine, recoverd. Third flight: OUCH. My wombat-clone went ballistic and rammed into the groud at goodness knows how much speed. Sandmans buitiful cone was smashed in...:( fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh flights: my stretched mosquito. revoverd every time, miraculously. Then 3 flying saucer flights on As and Bs, and then a tall rocket on a B6-4. Then a streamer recoverd rocket on a B6-4. Landed in a tall tree. Unrevoverable. THen an alpha 3 on a B6-4. same story as before. Lost in tree. heres some pics!

lets hope the bigger rockets go better :eek: ;)

what happened to the launch pad you built? why not use that instead of the estes one?

I built the Wombat according to plans on the JimZ website, so I kinda figured it would work....:eek:

Yes, the bigger rockets go better... They arent gliders:D . Gliders hate me. Unless they are Edmonds kits...:cool:

Originally posted by Neil
Thats all I got, srry. All the other ones were going to fast to get...

The stupid wing nut on my Estes pad is stripped. My dad wasnt too pleased with Estes... he said that they "should be ashamed at themselves for selling this junk". A little overboard, but you get the point... So he is going to buy a REAL wingnut at the hardware store next time hes there. That will fix the problem. But to fix the problem for then, he took a pair of old vice-grips, clamped em onto the end of the launch rod, kicked out a bit of snow, inserted the vice grips and the end of the launch rod into the snow, put more snow on top and kicked it flat. Then we slid an old flowerpot over the rod for the blast deflector, and started flying! very resoursfull if you ask me.... It worked, too! So the "pad" is sitting in a snowbank, yes.:rolleyes:

I too had to replace that stupid wing nut. Total crapola! I think it's a 5/32" wing nut.......... I don't remember. I just took the original "bolt" and went to Home Despot (misspelled on purpose!) and matched it up. Cost me a whole $0.12!

yeah, no kiddin! Talk about cheap stuff.... My dad was *NOT* impressed by ANYTHING on the launchpad...:eek: :rolleyes: :p

Back