We lost one of our own: Bruce Levison

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSNW

Reaction score
I am pained to write that I not only lost my good friend but rocketry lost one of its own this morning. Even though he never smoked a day in his life, he was battling lung cancer. However, My friend Bruce was ultimately taken by COVID 19.

Dr. Bruce Levison was a lifelong rocketry enthusiast and will be sorely missed. He was also one of the few and true...RockSim "gurus". He was generous, kind and was a good friend. He impacted my life and many many others in a positive way...I will miss him terribly.

The photo below is of Bruce and myself. He is the one on the left.

Andrew K.

Muffin Top Rocketry.jpg

Last edited:
Everything is all taken care of on YORF.

Last edited:
Did you see this when registering?
"Due to spammers I've had to ban most free domains from registering including Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail to name a few. If using a free domain to register just add a 123 to the end of your email address like this: [email protected]. That will trick my system to allow you to register. I'll then go in and manually fix your email address and approve your registration. Sorry for the hassle!"

"Due to spammers I've had to ban most free domains from registering including Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail to name a few. If using a free domain to register just add a 123 to the end of your email address like this: [email protected]. That will trick my system to allow you to register. I'll then go in and manually fix your email address and approve your registration. Sorry for the hassle!"

No, the message read that my email has been banned by the administrator. It did not have any of the verbiage you listed above. Again, never been on that forum. I will try your fix.
Andew

That's on the initial registration page. If you tried to register using one of those domains (or whatever else is on their list) it would probably have sent you the email banned message automatically.

It seems like adding 123 worked but now it says "The username you entered as your referrer could not be located"....NO KIDDING! As I am registering for the FIRST TIME. Good Lord....

Everything is all set on YORF....but was not able to upload a photo. Thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I'm very sorry to hear about Bruce's passing. Sorry about the hassle registering (good for nothing spammers!) I've got you all set now. My forum software is old and doesn't work like it does here. Send me the photo to my email address (which you contacted me at earlier) and I can get it added to your post there.

Hi Andrew,

I'm very sorry to hear about Bruce's passing. Sorry about the hassle registering (good for nothing spammers!) I've got you all set now. My forum software is old and doesn't work like it does here. Send me the photo to my email address (which you contacted me at earlier) and I can get it added to your post there.

Thank you for your help it is a stressful and sad morning.
Andrew

I am sorry for your loss, and a great loss to model rocketry in general.

Not many model rocketeers design a model that goes into production. Looks like he invented the "Corkscrew" Rocket, to my knowledge the only stable SINGLE fin rocket

https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2011/03/corkscrew-2-build-backstory.html

It is a ring fin, but it only has one attachment point.

It was in production by Odd'l Rockets for a while.

I wanted to post some photos of my friend Bruce. This is from one of those times when we went out to launch together.

Bruce 2.jpg

Bruce 3.jpg

I would not be the person I am today if it was not for his input in my life.

Sad. Sorry for your loss.

Did he have a login on the website?

I'm sorry for your loss Andrew. I don't think I ever met Bruce, but if you hold him in such high regard he was a great man.

Whenever I hear of anybody in our community passing away it's a sad time for us all.

RIP Bruce, and thanks for your contributions to our hobby. You will indeed be missed by many.

https://www.utoledo.edu/med/depts/physpharm/hypertension_center/levison.html

OBITUARY - https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/bruce-levison-obituary?pid=195909876

Levison3.jpg

R.I.P. Bruce . . .

Dave F.

Hey All-
I wanted to say THANK YOU for all your kind posts. Bruce truly lives on in my heart. Stay safe!
Andrew

I am pained to write that I not only lost my good friend but rocketry lost one of its own this morning. Even though he never smoked a day in his life, he was battling lung cancer. However, My friend Bruce was ultimately taken by COVID 19.

Dr. Bruce Levison was a lifelong rocketry enthusiast and will be sorely missed. He was also one of the few and true...RockSim "gurus". He was generous, kind and was a good friend. He impacted my life and many many others in a positive way...I will miss him terribly.

Andrew K.

Andrew,

I found another photo of Bruce . . .

https://forum.starportsagitta.net/download/file.php?id=3041&sid=efe865f26852fef41dcb76faf21497b1

Dave F.

Bruce..jpg

The photo below is of Bruce and myself. He is the one on the left.

Andrew K.

View attachment 411568
Sorry for your loss Andrew, do you happen to know if Bruce went to Sylvania High school?

A good guy. I worked with Bruce on some RockSim development projects. He was bestowed the title of "World's #1 RockSimmer."

Sorry for your loss Andrew, do you happen to know if Bruce went to Sylvania High school?

I do not know. I will ask his wife the next time my wife and I call her. I know he was a native of Toledo, so there is a good chance. I will let you know.
Thanks
Andrew

I didn't know him well, but Bruce was one of the first people from Ohio that I encountered when I came into the hobby in the late 90's and early 2000's. He was active on TRF, and one of the first folks from here that I met IRL. Always nice, always helpful, and both were appreciated by a guy who was just a noob at the time. He will be missed.

Back