We are thinking about getting back into the MYlar parachute Bussiness!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
I have got my new job and will have much more time to work on things.

With that being said we are thinking about bringing back the Rockethead Rockets Mylar parachutes. We will be selling these through our T and M Embroidery Web site.

These will be the preassembled Mylar parachutes that we use to make. We will be using the same products to make that we did when we was in business.

I think we will be attaching the shroud lines in a different order but the same of attaching. We did try a different way of attching by the request of some one I think it might have been Bob Cox but not sure. If it was someone else please let me know how they worked.

I would like to see if there is enough people interested in these great Mylar paraqchutes for me to put the time into masking them again.

Tom

I would be interested..I only fly LPR, but a mylar chute would be petter then the trash bag plastic ones I use now :)

Tom,

I'd certainly be interested, particularly if you could maintain the variety of color selection!

What's nice about the variety of colors is that I rely on that for pulling a chute out of the range box. When I rummage for a chute of a particular size, I just look for a color!

I found the mylar chutes I ordered from you in the past to certainly meet my modRoc requirements. Great quality for the price and economical shipping to get them up to Canada (always a pain sometimes).

... Bill

I've enjoyed using the mylar chutes I've gotten from you in the past, and people I've run into at the launches have been impressed with their appearance and quality. I'll probably be ordering some more at some point in the future.

WW

Originally posted by rocket trike
I have got my new job and will have much more time to work on things.
That's good news, Tom.

With that being said we are thinking about bringing back the Rockethead Rockets Mylar parachutes.
That is even better news.

These will be the preassembled Mylar parachutes that we use to make. We will be using the same products to make that we did when we was in business.
These are the best mylar chutes I have seen. Good quality mylar, sturdy anchors, good shroud lines and snap swivels. Excellent workmanship on the knots.

I think we will be attaching the shroud lines in a different order but the same of attaching. We did try a different way of attching by the request of some one I think it might have been Bob Cox but not sure. If it was someone else please let me know how they worked.
Yes, that was me. My job has not allowed me to get out an try the new shroud attachments that you sent me in the last shipment. However, the ground testing that I have done with them shows that they are less prone to tangling than the conventional arrangement.

II would like to see if there is enough people interested in these great Mylar paraqchutes for me to put the time into masking them again.
I bought a dozen before you suspended operations, so I won't need any for a while. I sure hope you get back into the business, though. These really are top-notch chutes.

I am interested as well.. What is the url? The glorywears site won't come up for me.. Is there another url?

- Alex

Back